Organizer heading not displaying on single event page in ECP 2.0.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Organizer heading not displaying on single event page in ECP 2.0.1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Having an issue on the single event details page where the heading to go with the organizer link is not being displayed. This causes the link to be displayed in the location where the organizer phone number is displayed, only shifted to the left, with the phone number being displayed on the line below, lined up correctly with the rest of the event details.

When I view the page source I see that the organizer URL is being output as just the a href, not wrapped in the dd tag like all the other details, and there’s no corresponding dt tag or heading for that item.

I can’t see anything in the template file that stands out as being incorrect. If I remove the if statement for tribe_get_organizer_link (lines 30 – 33 of single.php) the organizer phone number displays opposite the Phone heading as it should.

Couldn’t find anything when searching this site regarding this. Any ideas?

Setup: WordPress 3.2.1 | The Events Calendar 2.0 | Events Calendar Pro 2.0.1 | Dandelion Theme v 2.6.6 | PHP 5.2.17 | Apache

Rob

Hey Kevin. I’d be happy to look into this for you. First though, I see that you’re on The Events Calendar 2.0 and Events Calendar PRO 2.0.1. Any reason you’re not running 2.0.1 for both? There is the possibility of weird errors if you run them out of sync. Let me know if you tried 2.0.1 for both and the issue persisted.

If that isn’t the cause, any chance you could get me a screenshot of what you’re seeing? I can have a developer chime in directly from there.

Kevin
    Participant

Sorry, mistyped there. I am on The Events Calendar 2.0.1, not 2.0.

I’ve put up a screenshot at http://www.jrrehab.ca/images/organizers.jpg

The name/link Sacha Arsenault is the text for the Organizer, but there’s no heading for Organizer. You can also see there how the link is shifted to the left and not lined up with the rest of the event details.

In http://www.jrrehab.ca/images/organizers-2.jpg you can see the HTML source that’s created. You’ll see that the lack of the dt and dd for the Organizer area.

The page itself in question is at http://www.jrrehab.ca/event/understanding-stroke/

Thanks,
    Kevin

Rob

Thanks for confirming, Kevin. I”m not sure what’s up here – but let me get our developer Jonah to chime in with his thoughts. Expect to hear from him over the next 24 hours.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Kevin, there’s definitely something strange going on with the tribe_get_organizer_link() function. I’m going to log a ticket to get this cleaned up but in the interim you can remove the conditional tags:

if ( tribe_get_organizer_link( false, false ) ) :

And this will display the organizer header. I don’t think this function was meant to be used as a conditional and that’s what’s causing problems.

Does that help?

Kevin
    Participant

Thanks Jonah, that does help. The organizer heading is now displaying and the link is lining up with the rest of the event details.

Much appreciated.

Jonah
    Participant

Glad to be of help Kevin. Let us know if there’s anything else we can do.

Wesley
    Participant

Has this bug been resolved yet? I’m still having the issue described above (I’m using 2.0.3 free & pro). Please advise.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Wesley, no it has not been fixed yet. Hopefully with 2.1 but no guarantees. For now you’ll need to remove the conditional tags as I outlined above.

Thanks,
    Joanh

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizer heading not displaying on single event page in ECP 2.0.1’ is closed to new replies.