Organizer Details – Make required fields without a WordPress account?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Organizer Details – Make required fields without a WordPress account?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gadgetcoach
    Participant

Can we edit the fields organizers complete, to make them required fields?
    i.e. we want to collect/verify email, phone etc from organizers, but don’t want to make it a requirement to have a WordPress account, but an anonymous submission leaves it hard to verify event details if needed.

Casey
    Participant

Gadgetcoach,
    Unfortunately this isn’t currently possible without some customizations to the template files, along with some custom javascript. If you feel comfortable doing some coding, I can get you started you in the right direction. Just let me know!

Otherwise, I would suggest that you submit this a Feature Request on our UserVoice page for inclusion in a future release of the plugin.

Thanks!

gadgetcoach
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    If you are happy to provide details of the code, I’d love to see if we can get it working, thanks!
    Mathan

Casey
    Participant

Gadgetcoach,
    You should be able to paste this code snippet into your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/7600520

You’ll also need to add some custom Javascript that checks the form fields, and here’s a great introduction to form validation with Javascript.

Good luck, and let us know if you have other questions!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizer Details – Make required fields without a WordPress account?’ is closed to new replies.