'Organizer Details' fields not receiving data from 'Saved Organizer' drop-down.

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events 'Organizer Details' fields not receiving data from 'Saved Organizer' drop-down.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    farenagency
    Participant

To start, this is an inherited client project that I’ve been bug-fixing and occasionally building extra functionality on. I did install updated versions of The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar PRO, and Community Events plugins (on a staging version). The primary issue is not present but the new plugins rejected enough custom styling (from theme’s CSS) and widget configuration that it is highly impractical to redo everything that was working before the update, just to fix one small issue. I’ve also run the 1.0.5 / 2.0.11 version of the plugin(s) on a separate staging site with no other installed plugins and the default (only Twenty-Twelve and Twenty-Thirteen were available) themes and I still get the same issue.

The issue:

From the front-end ‘Add’ community events page (http://www.experiencehaliburton.com/events/community/add), selecting an existing Venue or Organizer from the drop-down list(s) does not feed the associated data on form submission. I get an error (“Organizer Name is required.”) and the Organizer fields are highlighted as empty, even though an Organizer was chosen from the drop-down.

This error does not occur when creating an event from the back end – the drop-down submits as expected – but the client requires the front-end anonymous submissions (yes, the option is enabled in the back end).

Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Bryan,
    When did this issue start happening? I’m guessing this started after a WordPress update, since these older versions of the plugin have known issues with later versions of WordPress.

We can only unfortunately provide support for the current release of the plugins, as we’ve fixed many issues like these in the latest release.

Sorry I can’t be much more help than that, but please let me know if you have further questions!

farenagency
    Participant

Casey,

The site is running WP 3.5.1 and – to my knowledge – hasn’t been updated since the 1.0.5 build of Community Events was installed. From all accounts before my time on the site, the Organizer issue was not originally a problem. It was only noticed this week, but unfortunately I can’t pinpoint when it actually started appearing.

I realize that out-of-date plugins aren’t exactly the top priority for service requests, but I’m hoping that this may have been enough of a documented issue to warrant a quick fix or straight-forward workaround.

I’m comfortable with PHP and have already been digging through plugin files for any kind of obvious solution but haven’t found anything yet.

Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Bryan,
    Unfortunately I don’t know specifically what code was changed in order to fix this issue, but you might be able to download the most recent version of the plugin and compare the code to determine where the changes were made.

Regarding future support, we can only provide support for the most recent version of the plugin. So it might be worth considering updating your styling customizations to work with the latest version in order to receive support for issues that might arise in the future.

Hopefully that helps and gets you started in the right direction. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘'Organizer Details' fields not receiving data from 'Saved Organizer' drop-down.’ is closed to new replies.