Organiser checkin

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Organiser checkin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Nadz

Hi,

I want to create a site where my event organisers can check the purchased tickets with barcode to ensure they are not duplicates.

1. Can they checkin attendees without logging in the backend.

2. If not is there a scanner that will check tickets without redirecting them to a backend.

Are you able to give me advice on the best and cheapest way to do this?

Also I’ve notice a few forums about attendees list on the front end

How does this look (do you have a screenshot on a website) and how does it work?

Also is it accessible by any event organiser, so will an organiser of event A be able to see the attendees of event B?

Would this be a good option for an organiser to checkin without loging in to back end.

The events may have hundreds of attendees

Many thanks

George
    Participant

Hey Nadz,

Thanks for reaching out!

These two things are unfortunately not possible with our plugins:

1. Can they checkin attendees without logging in the backend.
    2. If not is there a scanner that will check tickets without redirecting them to a backend.

Is that a deal-breaker in terms of using our plugins? I assume it is, and am sorry to disappoint. 🙁

With these two key things not being possible, the rest of the questions are not applicable, it seems. If the lack of those two core feature is not a deal-breaker, though, and you are still interested in the other questions you posed, let me know and I will try my best to answer those! 🙂

Sincerely,
    George

Thank you

Nadz

Hi George,

It may not be.

It there a way for the event organiser to login the backend and only access their event?

I’m also interested in the front end attendees list and how it looks and works.

Many thanks

George
    Participant

Hey Nadz,

Thanks for clarifying!

This is not possible, unfortunately:

It there a way for the event organiser to login the backend and only access their event?

As for the front-end attendees list, there isn’t an actual website I could link to, but all that is displayed is a simple “Who’s Attending” list with the avatars of folks who have bought tickets and have not the option at checkout called “Do not show me on the front-end attendees list”. Here’s a screenshot of how such a list might look:

I hope that helps!
    George

Nadz

Hi George,

I can’t see the screen shot.

George
    Participant

Hi, any better luck if you click directly to the link: https://cldup.com/4-haJ9KbfM.png?

Thanks!
    George

Nadz

Hi George,

Would this be a way to allow the event organiser to know who’s bought the ticket in real-time? Similar to a dashboard?

How will I divert them to this page?

Can only the event organiser see this page and know who’s attending the event or is it there for everyone to see?

Nadz

Thank you

George
    Participant

Hey Nadz,

This is unfortunately NOT similar to what is provided in the dashboard.

Firstly, this is because folks can opt out of being listed there, so the public-facing list is not necessarily complete.

Secondly, there are no admin functions on the front-end list.

Thirdly, the front-end list is not a comprehensive “attendees list” for event managers. It’s a front-end design embellishment to hopefully make the ticket pages feel a bit more dynamic, a bit more alive—it simply shows to users who are checking out the event, “Oh, cool, there’s a bunch of people who are already going.”

It’s a design element meant to add some social proof in the hopes of driving more sales and making the event pages more dynamic; it is in no way an administrative tool for the site owners/event organizers/etc.

I hope that helps!
    George

Nadz

Thanks.

What would you suggest be the best plugin to achieve what I want. A ticket selling outlet, which allows event organisers to see sales and check in customers via a barcode?

Kind regards

George
    Participant

Hey Nadz,

I unfortunately do not know of a plugin that does that specific thing other than our own plugin. 🙁 I don’t mean to be biased there, just being honest!

I would recommend turning to the search features of http://wordpress.org/plugins to find a plugin that better suits your needs.

Sorry to disappoint!
    George

Nadz

Hey George,

So you community bundle doesn’t do this then?

Nadz

Hey George,

So your community bundle doesn’t do this then?

George
    Participant

Our ticketing plugins let you sell tickets for events and other post types.

A scannable QR code is provided on the tickets that you can then scan to “check in” people at the door.

Our ticketing plugins do not offer a front-end attendee management system where organizers can manage attendees without logging in.

Nadz

Hi George,

I notice you said without logining in.

I want them to login but on the frontend not backend to checkin in attendees in the frontend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Organiser checkin’ is closed to new replies.