Order total differs from notification total

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Order total differs from notification total

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

We received a check payment today that was identified as for Order# 1569 from C.J. However on the website her order does not show up. Instead Order#1569 is for C.L. (names obfuscated for privacy)

The notification email we received about the order states a total price of $58 for one set of items. But, the actual order 1569 in the database states a total price of $46. Each version of this order (email notification and in the database) shares two items in common, but the email notification shows to additional items that the database doesn’t.

What could explain having two different orders for the same order number?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having.

I can help troubleshoot them with you.

So you have two orders with the same order number? But only one is showing in the database and the order section?

Did you get emails for both orders?

Have you seen if others have reported this in WooCommerce?

We do not modify the checkout process so not sure how much we can troubleshoot WooCommerce, but let me know and we can go from here.

Thanks

Rob
    Participant

There appear to be two different orders with the same order number, yes. Only one is showing in the database and order section.

AFAIK no email notification was received for the C.L. user whose order is actually under order # 1569. Just got email about the C.J. user.

As I search through all the customers and orders in the database, I am not finding the C.J. user by name or email address anywhere. All I can find is the C.L. user, but not as a user in the database. She seems to have made the order as a guest without creating an account with the site. But the notification email forwarded to me by the office staff clearly denotes an order from C.J. with the same order number as the one from C.L., but with only two items in common between them.

Could it be that customer C.J. deleted her order right after it was made and then the order number was reused by C.L.? If so, why was there zero notification of the order cancelation or of the new order made by C.L.? Should order numbers be reused or should they be unique per atomic transaction, never to be used again?

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok I get what is happening.

Nothing comes to mind how WooCommerce Tickets could cause this although I would not rule it out.

Have you brought this to WooCommerce’s attention?

As much as I would like to help the order system is all on their end and we do not have the expertise to troubleshoot that they have.

Plus even if we found an issue in WooCommerce they would have to fix it.

In an effort to keep this moving though, do you have any plugins like Sequential Order Numbers to keep the orders in a row or any other WooCommerce extension?

Let me know about those plugins for WooCommerce and please reach out to them.

Thanks

Rob
    Participant

I’m only using Events Calendar Pro and WooCommerce Tickets as plugins to WooCommerce. That’s why I thought I’d start here in case the problem was already known. But, to get support from WooCommerce, they say I have to have purchased something, which I haven’t. I’ve only downloaded the free plugin. So, I’m at the mercy of the forums there. I’ll give it a shot, though.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for reaching out.

We have not seen the issue as you describe.

See if you can get a response from WooCommerce.

If you cannot, please post the .Org Forum post here and we can see about pinging them.

Thanks

Rob
    Participant

Thanks. I’ve posted to the .Org forum here. I’ve had dodgy success with that forum, but we’ll see. Thanks for any additional help you can provide in pinging WooCommerce. I can’t seem to find any contact info or other way of getting in touch with their support team unless I purchase a product, which I don’t yet have a need for.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks. Let us know early next week if you do not hear anything.

Rob
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I’ve not yet heard back on this forum thread at WordPress.org.

Brian
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Order total differs from notification total’ is closed to new replies.