Order results by distance

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Order results by distance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lbeetles
    Participant

How can i set it so that it displays the search results by the closest location first?

My events calendar is here: http://foundation-sports.com/class-finder/

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Lee,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on our forum.

Sorry to disappoint you, but what you are asking is not easily achievable, don’t get me wrong it’s possible but you will need to hire a developer to create this solution for you.

That is a complex feature and we cannot promise that we will do it but if you suggest on our UserVoice forum we will consider it as a feature that our team of developers would do.

If you have a developer I can help him with some information about how this would be possible.

My Best Regards,

lbeetles
    Participant

Thanks i have put the suggestion in the forum.

Will the Filter Bar help solve this issue?

I am a developer, if you could send me the information that would be great.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Lee,

I would say that FilterBar would allow you to filter by distance but it wouldn’t allow you to order by distance.

Our plugin leverages the power of WP_Query to order the Events on any page. What you should do is use posts_clauses to order, take in consideration that you will need to deal with MySQL proximity using the Harversine Formula, check this presentation about how you can do it.

Our Latitude and Longitude are Kept on the wp_postmeta, as _VenueLat and _VenueLng.

Keep in mind that when you do that you will loose some of our support because it’s hard for us to keep up with all the possible changes that you can create.

My Best Regards,

lbeetles
    Participant

Hi Gustavo,

I see you have released an update which seems to have quite a lot in it. Im running 3.8.1. Is there any plan to add what im after to a future update? If there isn’t would you consider making this development at a reasonable cost for the work?

My client really needs this and i think it would be a good addition to this great plugin.

Many thanks

Lee

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Lee,

If you are unable to make that modification and do not know someone whom you can hire, have no fear. We actually keep a list of freelancers who are quite capable of making changes on your behalf. You can obtain this list by emailing [email protected] and requesting it.

My Best regards,

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Order results by distance’ is closed to new replies.