Order Complete, Email proof

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Order Complete, Email proof

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    molitordesigns
    Participant

I just had an order reversed via paypal. the order was marked as complete 13 days ago, but in the complaint it says the item was never recieved. I was wondering if their is any way to confirm the email is sent. I Know I can resend the order complete email, but I will have to submit proof to paypal.

Barry

I’m not sure there’s a lot we can do to help here – our own plugin doesn’t log the sending of emails and I don’t believe WooCommerce does either (and, in a standard setup, even if wp_mail() reports the email was sent successfully that may not be true 100% of the time).

It could be worth investigating if a log of email activity is retained on your server (or if you are using a third party service for sending emails you could ask if they maintain a log).

Sorry we can’t do more!

molitordesigns
    Participant

Boooooouuuuuurns.
    I tried to send the customer an email, and it came back undeliverable. I then called customer and found out an incorrect email was submitted during checkout. I think we should be able to get this cleared up as the customer still wants the tickets. I was just thinking maybe if there was a way for the system to notify us of an undeliverable email, that might help us head these types of things off before the customer goes to paypal. Thanks for your help, so far this has been a great plugin. Hopefully checking goes smooth.

Barry

Glad you found the cause 🙂

I’m no email expert, but I would imagine an undeliverable mail may still have been ‘dispatched’ – and so at WordPress/plugin level it would be difficult or impossible to differentiate between emails like that and ones that are sent to valid addresses.

Since I don’t think there’s much more we can do here however I’ll go ahead and close this thread – thanks again for reporting back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Order Complete, Email proof’ is closed to new replies.