Order cancelled and deleted, unable to remove attendee from event

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Order cancelled and deleted, unable to remove attendee from event

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sandie
    Participant

I’ve cancelled and deleted a test ticket, and am unable to remove the attendee from the event. How soon before this is fixed please?

Sandie
    Participant

I’ve now deleted the ticket type, and set up a new ticket type. The attendee remains stick in the check in/out list, with no way to remove them.

Sandie
    Participant

‘stuck’

Sandie
    Participant

The workaround appears to be to delete the entire order, and the entire event with associated tickets (including permanent deletion from trash). I haven’t reviewed the database, so can’t say whether this course of action has cleaned that up properly.

This is not acceptable for a live site, because:
    (1) It’s not unreasonable to require a record of orders, including those that are paid and refunded. The above course of action destroys the order, when a cancelled order just needs to trigger a re-stocking of the inventory (add the ticket(s) back) and a removal from the attendee list.
    (2) Deleting a whole event plus tickets is not feasible for an actual event where tickets have already been purchased.

Please confirm whether you agree that this is an issue, and whether you will be addressing it. Many thanks.

Barry

We certainly agree that this is an issue and have logged it as such. Our intention (in a future release) will be to remove attendees whenever an order is cancelled.

Sandie
    Participant

Thanks for your response. What is your release cycle like, if you can’t be precise (dev. houses often aren’t on release schedules!) would you expect this to be resolved within say the next month or two? Thanks.

Barry

Normally we produce monthly maintenance releases: right now that’s slipped as we’re focusing heavily on developing The Events Calendar 3.0 but I’d imagine we’ll get back to that sort of schedule in the near future.

Regarding this specific issue though, I just checked in with the dev team and right now it sounds like the changes needed to resolve this issue are at least two releases away.

So, it’s possible we’ll see this in 2-3 months but you’re right, we can’t really commit to a precise timeframe.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Order cancelled and deleted, unable to remove attendee from event’ is closed to new replies.