option to show only events by location / category / Venue

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions option to show only events by location / category / Venue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Morgaine

I was wondering if the pro version offers an option at the top of the calendar to display events by category assigned (in the add new event page)
    I would LOVE it if it would automatically show all events, then the browser could have the option to select from the drop down menu – show only “X” events…. or view all….hopefully this makes sense.

Carl

I would also like to see this, with a look similar to the drop-down of each month in the year on the Calendar “Gridview.php” page.

Mike

I agree, awesome feature request.

Joyce Grace

Hello all, although this feature is not inherent in the calendar (but is a very popular request, so it may be included in the next big release, but we don’t know when), we do have some options that can help:

If you visit our tutorials page, look under “Queries, Categories, Tags & Event Loops” and you will see some tutorials on how to display categories creatively: https://theeventscalendar.com/the-events-calendar-for-wordpress-tutorials/

We also have an advanced widget that can display upcoming events from only one category. You could use this and keep adding the widget to the sidebar for different categories, though I know this is not a very finesse solution.

Another thing you could do is use WordPress custom menus to create a sidebar menu leading to the different categories of events.

Hope this helps!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘option to show only events by location / category / Venue’ is closed to new replies.