Option to leave END time and date blank

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Option to leave END time and date blank

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jesse

I just want to specify that the event has a start time, but no end time. Is there a way to simply leave the end time blank?

Joyce Grace

Hello Jesse (or is it really Rambo? or some other action figure…?)

I think you’re right that there has to be an end time, unless it’s an all day event. However, if you check out the Themer’s guide to customizing the calendar, you may be able to get rid of the “end time” from showing up on the front end of your site: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

Another idea I just thought of is, you could mark the event as an all day event, then add an additional field (you can find this under the WordPress Settings Menu > The Events Calendar and click on the tab that says “Additional Fields”), and call that “Start time” – so that can be where you fill in that info. It’s sort of a short-cut work around compromise, but it might work for you.

I hope this helps!

Anderson
    Participant

For a future release, it would be really nice to have “End Date / Time” as optional.

Rob

Hy Krysia. Thanks for the feedback; we have had quite a few requests for this and I know we’ve discussed (and will keep looking into) how to make it work. The challenge this presents is that the system doesn’t know how to treat those events with regard to others that do have start/end times, and it creates a problem with recurring events as one “begins” before the next one has technically “ended.”

This, too, is on the radar. No guarantees when it will make the cut but we know there is a demand for events lacking an end date/time and are trying best we can to accomodate that for a future release. Apologies that I couldn’t offer up more in the short-term. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Option to leave END time and date blank’ is closed to new replies.