Optimizing workflow and promotion with wordpress

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Optimizing workflow and promotion with wordpress

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen Lane
    Participant

Hi Modern Tribe,
    Could your team recommend a work-flow or process for using event calendar plug-in, Eventbrite plug-in, and facebook plug-in– with wordpress and other media platforms? The non-profit I work for hosts 10-15 events per month, and I’m constantly having to re-enter information in 5 places all over the internet… I’m looking forward to a new wordpress site with your plug-ins in order to pare-down the repetition.

So far, it seems like the best approach might be to 1) make the event on Facebook, 2) import to Event Calendar, 3) back out into Eventbrite to set up ticket sales 4) post as WP blog post from the Event Calendar plug-in, 5) post link on twitter/linked in, 6) Mailchimp plug-in to add to e-newsletter.

…I am the closest thing that this office has to a website manager, but my knowledge stops at some basic short code inserts and common HTML adjustments. I’d love to hear what wordpress theme you’d recommend for novice users, that showcases your plugins well.

Thanks so much for your insights, and for your handy software!
    Caroline

Barry

Hi Caroline,

Great questions.

Facebook Events has an auto-import facility. So one possibility is setting up your event on Facebook, allowing our plugins a chance to pull them in – it’s handled as a scheduled task (in a sense, a “background” task that runs daily, I believe) – then push them up to Eventbrite after having added pricing information etc.

Further integration with Twitter and other platforms is something I’d need to leave to you. Depending on your budget and the time you have available you might be able to research and use an existing plugin – or have a custom one made – that automates this process to some extent, but I’m afraid I can’t really offer to much else on that front. There are also numerous other tools out there which, though they don’t directly integrate with WordPress, can apparently be time savers when it comes to working with social media – by allowing you to write a post once and send it out to multiple platforms.

I’d love to hear what wordpress theme you’d recommend for novice users, that showcases your plugins well.

First and foremost we build our plugins to work well with Twenty Twelve. What many people do – including ourselves (take a look at our demo site) – is simply tweak this to a more custom format.

It’s already got a lot of great features including mobile-friendly design facets, so it can make a fantastic starting point for your own work.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Optimizing workflow and promotion with wordpress’ is closed to new replies.