Optimising website kills calendar page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Optimising website kills calendar page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

W3 cache default settings seem to break your calendar page.
    Could you help me identify why?

http://broadcanvas.white-staging.co.uk/events/

Geoff

Hey James,

Sorry for the trouble here!

The Events Calendar actually handles its own caching and minification to improve performance. If you’re hitting issues, it’s likely that the W3 Total Cache settings are doing it in on top of what the calendar already does and is conflicting.

Here’s a much more detailed overview of how caching works in the plugin and what else can and should be cached on top of that.

Can you confirm that you have minification totally disabled for all JavaScripts and all CSS in W3 Total Cache? If not, please ensure that minification is disabled and then clear your caches.

Many people use W3TC and The Events Calendar together fine as long as minification is disabled. There are some problems with W3TC and The Events Calendar’s AJAX functionality, but this is not something we can work around due to the way that AJAX and Caching both literally work at a browser level.

Let me know about the minification and cache-clearing efforts here, and if they make any difference!

Thanks,
    Geoff

James
    Participant

do i have to un-optimise the whole site for your plugin? can you provide me with js or other files or urls that i can omit from the minifyinf process etc?

Geoff

Hi James,

Here’s a list of the scripts the calendar uses on the front end:

1. /the-events-calendar/vendor/jquery-resize/jquery.ba-resize.min.js
    2. /the-events-calendar/resources/tribe-events.min.js
    3. /the-events-calendar/vendor/jquery-placeholder/jquery.placeholder.min.js
    4. /the-events-calendar/vendor/bootstrap-datepicker/js/bootstrap-datepicker.js
    5. /the-events-calendar/src/resources/tribe-events-bar.min.js
    6. /the-events-calendar/src/resources/tribe-events-ajax-list.min.js
    7. /events-pro/src/resources/tribe-events-ajax-maps.min.js
    8. /events-pro/src/resources/tribe-events-pro.min.js

Will W3TC allow you to identify just those scripts?

Thanks,
    Geoff

James
    Participant

I think so, i’ll try now.

Geoff

Right on, keep me posted!

James
    Participant

OK well, excluding the files and the page seems to have sorted it.
    Thank you.

http://broadcanvas.white-staging.co.uk/events

Geoff

Excellent! So glad to hear that does the trick. Nice work and thanks for keeping me posted. Definitely let us know if any other questions or issues pop up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Optimising website kills calendar page’ is closed to new replies.