Operand "and" does not work in shortcode

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Operand "and" does not work in shortcode

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marie Lene
    Participant

Hi,

we have installed the latest version of Event Calendar Pro and try to use the following shortcode with the goal of showing only events, which are member of BOTH categories:

[tribe_events_list operand=”and” categories=”cat01, cat02″ limit=’50’ organizer=”yes”]

The operand “and” is ignored. The resulting list show all event belonging either to cat01 or cat02. But that makes no sense at all for us. Any help to solve this problem is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

George
    Participant

Hi Marie,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please clarify where you heard about this “operand” option? Was there a specific place online where you say that this was an option you could use with the tribe_events_list shortcode?

Here is the official documentation for that shortcode and other Pro shortcodes: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/

“operand” is not a feature of our plugins…

Let me know what you think!
    George

Mathew
    Participant

I was on the hunt for this one last year. I believe the OPERAND comes from Event Rocket documentation.

There is an article here that modifies Event_List.php to achieve the desired results. It works well, but there’s a newer article here that accomplishes it in the functions.php, making it a more suitable solution.

Hope this helps.

George
    Participant

Hey Mathew,

Thanks for chiming in here—I appreciate the links you provided and the information.

Unfortunately, Event Rocket was never an official plugin we made, nor supported—and it actually is no longer being actively maintained, either, so that plugin has reached its “End of Life” period. 🙁

I would not recommend using that plugin, Marie—as for seeking support for it, the only recommendation I could make would be to go to its free support forums and seek help there: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/event-rocket

However, as noted the plugin is no longer maintained or supported.

Sorry to bear this news!

Please let me know if there is anything else I can try to help with.

Sincerely,
    George

Marie Lene
    Participant

Hi,

thank you for your response. In fact I saw this on the following page:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/configuring-the-this-week-widget/

I thought that the operand can generally be applied to the events calendar pro short code. But it seems, that the use of it is limited to the “this week widget”.

Do you have any other idea how to have a list of events on a page, where events belong to two categories at once?

Kind regards,
    Marie

George
    Participant

Hey Marie Lene,

Thanks for clarifying this a bit!

The operand attribute DOES work for the tribe_this_week shortcode, but not currently for the tribe_events_list shortcode. 🙁

Sorry to disappoint!

When it comes to getting the specific listing of events like you describe, then, there is unfortunately no way of doing this with the list shortcode at this time. I tried looking for some filters we could use, so that I could write a custom snippet of code for you to make this possible until we add this feature to our plugins outright—but unfortunately there no filters that would be able to help make this possible.

One thing I have done, though, is make a ticket for our developers to add support for the “operand” feature in the list shortcodes. So hopefully this feature will be supported at some point in future months and beyond.

Sorry to bear the bad news here, Marie. Please let me know what you think and if there are any other questions I can try to help with!

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Operand "and" does not work in shortcode’ is closed to new replies.