Open Street Maps in Events Calendar

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Open Street Maps in Events Calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gerdski

Hi,

I searched the forum and found the same question but no solution yet.

I’d like to change from Google Maps to Open Street Maps…how can I do that?

Because I haven’t found an admin option yet and I am a developer, I have searched the plugin source code for the place where the Google Map is being displayed…I’d like to replace that with a small bit of [shortcode] from an OSM plugin. I couldn’t find the place in the source code. Can you tell me where it is?

Even better would be a possibility to unhook the Google Map Action and instead hook into a new custom function that just shows the OSM shortcode (which works fine). Placed inside the child theme’s functions.php it will be update safe then.

I am sure your developers can help me with that.

Thanks,
    Gerdski

Courtney

Hey Gerdski

We don’t have that feature quite yet, but are actively exploring options. In the meantime, if you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

You can suggest it at http://tribe.uservoice.com.

We’ll notify you there if we ship a new feature like this soon.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Gerdski

Hi,

thanks for your answer:
    > We don’t have that feature quite yet, but are actively exploring
    > options. In the meantime, if you think that is something you would
    > like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and
    > either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.
    > We’ll notify you there if we ship a new feature like this soon.

I think the request or idea was voiced on your forum since 2014, but nothing has happened since, so this is obviously on the very bottom of your priority list. Well…to us Europeans is is very very important since 25.05.2018 because of new GDPR regulations.

I have found an easy solution to include OSMs instead of GMaps. Just installed a Plugin (Leaflet) and modified map.php to show the Open StreetMap. Very easy…your developers could implement this feature in almost no time. 🙂

Cheers,
    Gerdsksi

Courtney

Hey Gerdski

I’ll pass your fix along.

We have increased our interest and priority when Google began to require a credit card on file for the maps to work on most sites.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Open Street Maps in Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.