Open Graph tags and the photo facebook pulls

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Open Graph tags and the photo facebook pulls

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    intsculpturectr
    Participant

Hi all,

We used addthis.com widget on our site to add a social sharing functionality, it works great. the only problem is that the image that is pulled is not from the correct event. Here’s an example of were they are on the page…http://www.sculpture.org/calendar/event/20th-annual-student-award-exhibition/

I’ve found this documentation on addthis.com http://support.addthis.com/customer/portal/articles/381222-optimize-facebook-sharing and thought it would be easy to match this up but don’t know where to start.

Need help! Thanks so much!

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Johanna,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

When I tested on the links you’ve sent me it seemed to be working, can you point me to what was expected and what is happening? So that I can help you further on your issue?

My Best Regards,

intsculpturectr
    Participant

Hi Gustavo, can I include a screenshot here? The image that the facebook share button is pulling is from a different event. This one is the student awards with the woolly sculpture with chair legs, and the image that it pulls is the boxy one with bright colors from the Lifetime achievement award event. So I need this page to pull the woolly sculpture with the chair legs. Make sense?

I have a screen shot if I can somehow get it to you.

Thanks so much for your help,

intsculpturectr
    Participant

Hi, just checking in. Anything on this question? Thanks,

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Johanna,

Sorry for the delay on my answer. I think your best bet to solve your problem is to use a Plugins that creates that structure completely focused on SEO and social structure.

WordPress SEO from Yoast should solve your problems, I’ve used that on my test site to solve the issue you are reporting and it was a total success.

My Best Regards,

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Open Graph tags and the photo facebook pulls’ is closed to new replies.