Open Calendar events in new tab

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Open Calendar events in new tab

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    johnpokeefe
    Participant

HI,
    I am using The Events Calendar Pro and have a problem when site visitors click on an event in the calendar (in month view) for a selected (future) month. The event opens in the current tab. On returning to the calendar (using the back arrow) it reverts to the initial (current) month.
    This is very frustrating for uses exploring events for a particular time period.
    The answer – open the event in a new tab.
    Visitors can then revisit their chosen month view.
    How can I set this up?
    I cannot locate a setting for this.

Many thanks,
    John

Courtney

Hi John

If you’d like to force a new tab when a user clicks on an event from the calendar to view the single event page, I can walk you through that.

1. Create a template override following the Themer’s Guide. You’ll want to copy the file

/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month/single-event.php

to a folder /your-theme/tribe-events/month/single-event.php

2. Modify the code on line 196 to add target=”_blank” to the link, as shown below:

" class="url" target="_blank">

3. Save and test

Let me know if this works for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks,
    Courtney

johnpokeefe
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

Apologies for being slow to get back to you.

The modification works just fine.
    Thank you.

Right now I appear to have lost the Google Maps capability when I add a new venue – but that could well be another matter entirely!

Courtney

Thanks for the update John ๐Ÿ™‚

Google Maps – Could you double check your settings in Events ยป Settings ยป General ยป Maps? Then also check that you have the API key entered just once under the API tab in the same location.

It is worth noting, some themes want the API key as well. Having it in 2 locations can cause an error.

Let me know if any of that helps.

Thanks,
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Open Calendar events in new tab’ is closed to new replies.