Only Want Search Bar Only And Then Redirect To Results Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Only Want Search Bar Only And Then Redirect To Results Page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Donovan
    Participant

Hey guys,

It looks like I’m most likely going to get this plugin. I would like to know if I could display the Search Bar in shortcode anywhere on the website, and then on submission, it can load the page with the results.

To be honest. I’m surprised that you haven’t included short code with all of your plugins. As with The Events Calendar itself, you have to work with the slug and it doesn’t keep your page titles uniform if you’d like and so on. Being able to implement shortcode is a very important feature to many WordPress Developers and I’m surprised that your plugins don’t touch up on it at all.

With that said, can you please answer my initial question?

Thanks!

Nico

Hi Donovan,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this! Interesting request…

At this point we only have shortcode support for widgets. We are working on shortcode support for full views, and hopefully we will see that included in next feature release 4.3 coming out late next month (at least that’s the plan now).

There’s a third-party plugin that add short code functionality to The Events Calendar code version: https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar-shortcode/ – I haven’t tried it out and I don’t think it will help you out on this one but might be a good starting point if you are trying to work on this.

Regarding the events bar there’s no easy way of including it in all pages. There’s a past exchange that exemplifies a bit the situation: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/include-tribe-bar-on-every-page/

Rounding up, it’s possible to build this customization by including the events bar template, styles and scripts. It will probably require some custom code to link all parts but sounds doable. As this is an advanced customization we won’t be able to help much on the details, but surely point you into the right direction if you have any doubts along the way.

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Only Want Search Bar Only And Then Redirect To Results Page’ is closed to new replies.