Only Show Todays Events in Widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Only Show Todays Events in Widget

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    slny311
    Participant

Hey guys, Im trying to just show the events from today, instead of xx events on the Events List Advanced Widget

Rob

Hey there. As it stands, that’s not doable out of the box – you could use the “Next Event” widget to accomplish something similar, but the widget would have to be modified in order to just show today’s events. Sorry I couldn’t offer up more here; if you need more on this let me know.

slny311
    Participant

Hey Rob,

I took your advice and dove into the next events widget.

I found where (pasted below) its being controlled to show how many posts and which category…

What can i swap out instead of numResults?

$posts = tribe_get_events( ‘numResults=1&eventCat=’ . $category );

Rob

Hey there. Not sure, but our developer would know. I’ve passed this his way and should be able to get you a response by Monday.

slny311
    Participant

Hey Rob, any luck with this? This is the last blind i got in the project…

Rob

Still on this one Steven (we were a bit backlogged with support due to an influx in support issues last week), but yours is in the current batch our dev is looking at so I suspect I’ll have a response by this time tomorrow. Apologies about the delay…

Rob

Hey Steven. Talked to our dev about this today. To only show events from today, we’d suggest you pass in startDate and endDate parameters into tribe_get_events with both of them set to today (with this format 2011-10-11). That help?

slny311
    Participant

Hey Rob can you post sample code for me?

?
    $posts = tribe_get_events( ‘startDate=1&endDate=1&eventCat=’ . $category );

Rob

Sure. John’s out the rest of this week, but I’ll be able to get you a response on this early next.

slny311
    Participant

Thanks Rob, looking forward to it…

Rob

Yours is in the next batch that we’re currently working through, as a heads up. Answer forthcoming 🙂

John

Try this to use today’s date:

$date = date(‘Y-m-d’);
    $posts = tribe_get_events( “startDate=$date&endDate=$date&eventCat=” . $category );

Rob

Thanks John!

slny311
    Participant

Hey John and Rob, sorry for the delay

I inputted your code and now its just pulling in the oldest events, heres my code below.

if( function_exists( ‘tribe_get_events’ ) ) {
    $date = date(‘Y-m-d’);
    $posts = tribe_get_events( “startDate=$date&endDate=$date&eventCat=” . $category );
    $template = TribeEventsTemplates::getTemplateHierarchy(‘widget-featured-display’);
    }

Any way we can skype or aim this week?

Thanks!

Rob

Hey Steven. I am just getting back to work after having the week off for Thanksgiving, but I can get our developer Jonah to take a look at this for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Only Show Todays Events in Widget’ is closed to new replies.