Only Show Event Time

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Only Show Event Time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    336creative
    Participant

Hello:
    I’m trying to only show the start time of an event. I have the event date in a separate section based on my design. I was trying to use the function below, but it isn’t working.
    php echo tribe_get_start_date($post->ID, true, ‘ ‘);

Anyone have any advice on how to only show the start time as well as am/pm, and nothing else?

Thanks!

snorton
    Participant

Hey you can any date format you want!
    here’s what you want (just wrap in a php tag):
    echo tribe_get_start_date($post, false, $format = ‘g:i a’ );

http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

336creative
    Participant

Thanks for your help snorton. My issue above is that I’m trying to only display the start time, and not display the date at all. I have the date displayed elsewhere using the php time info.

snorton
    Participant

The above won’t display your event date. tribe_get_start_date is the template tag to call the start date & time of the event for $post (current post), false turns off the time of the event (because it would otherwise display mm-dd-yyyy @ 00:00 AM – 00:00 PM), and $format readjusts to simply whatever date/time format you specify. In my example, this tag will only echo your start time in the format you asked for. If you changed false to true then it would display the start time in the specified format but still add @ 00:00 AM – 00:00 PM to the echoed text.

336creative
    Participant

Oh gotcha! Thanks for the clarification and help. This is exactly what I was needing!!!

Leah

Thanks for helping out here snorton!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Only Show Event Time’ is closed to new replies.