Only select users can view event details

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Only select users can view event details

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi,

Can you please tell me if it is possible to have a publicly viewable frontend calendar, but hide the details of these events from the public, so only select users / user roles can view the content of the events?

I didn’t know if this was something that your software did out of the box, or if I would have to use a third party plugin to achieve this.

Kind regards,

Chris Kirkham

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out!

There is no built-in option for that, but I believe that could be easily developed / customized.

You can use the documentation or user roles and capabilities.

And you will need to create one or some template overrides. The best place to start for this is our Themer’s Guide – https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

For example on the single event view you will need to create an override for this file:

wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php

And if you want to hide the content for visitors then you will need to wrap the_content() in an if statement checking for the user role.

Hope this helps you get started. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Only select users can view event details’ is closed to new replies.