Only Month View is displaying correctly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Only Month View is displaying correctly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Erika Hang
    Participant

Any idea why weekly and daily views are not displaying correctly? The weekly views aren’t displaying anything past the current date. The daily view is showing other days. Also, the daily view seems to be defaulting to 1970….

http://www.annenbergdl.org/events/

thanks,

Martin

George
    Participant

Hey Martin,

Sorry you’re having trouble with these views. Unfortunately, the problems and layout seem mostly theme-related in nature. To test this, can you activate a default theme like Twenty Twelve or Twenty Fourteen or something, and check out these views in that theme?

If that alone does not fix your problems with these views, I’d recommend leaving this default theme active and then trying to deactivate other plugins on your site one at a time – check on the issues after each plugin deactivation, and see if anything changes.

This process may sound tedious but is actually pretty quick to work through, and immensely helpful in ruling out (or revealing!) plugin or theme conflicts.

Let us know what you find!

Thanks,
    George

Erika Hang
    Participant

Hi,

It looks like the issue happens with our theme, but not with Twenty Fifteen (even with all plugins still active). However, our theme does not customize this plugin in any way or do any special filtering for the tribe_events post type. The only parts of our theme that change how the events calendar works are doing so via CSS and via an events list schortcode in the header. But something is going wrong on the server/php side – the events are not rendered to the DOM consistently. For example, the week view seems to only be showing events on Fridays.

If it helps, our theme is available here (most of it functionally requires separate plugins though): https://github.com/stackm/annenbergdl.org/tree/master/2.0/themes/digitallounge. I can’t find anything in our theme that would be changing how the events calendar is rendered though, and I’m not familiar with this plugin’s codebase so I can’t easily debug it on that end. We do have other custom post types and taxonomies, so maybe there’s an issue there with something internally in the plugin? Our custom post types are done through a plugin though, so the issue is only happening within the theme layer for some reason.

Thanks

George
    Participant

Hey @creativemediateam,

Thank you for doing all that testing, and for the thorough update here about it!

I’ll start off by highlighting what you said here:

It looks like the issue happens with our theme, but not with Twenty Fifteen (even with all plugins still active)

That fact does indeed reveal that your theme is the source of the code conflict. Now, you mention that the theme doesn’t specifically filter the events post type, for example, but unfortunately even if it isn’t adding custom code to The Events Calendar directly, something within the theme that is breaking a global element on the site, like the global $wp_query object for example, could affect The Events Calendar or other plugins and cause problems.

Your best option from here is to contact the theme developer that theme for support, and see if they can offer some insight on this. Also, you might find it helpful to see if any PHP errors pop up on your site if you head to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

That will display PHP errors if any exist, which might be quite useful here.

Let us know what you find from doing this WP_DEBUG change, and if you reach out to your theme author for support.

If PHP errors pop up after making the WP_DEBUG change, you can just copy and paste them here in the forums – we might be able to identify the problem from that.

Thank you!
    George

Erika Hang
    Participant

Hi,

We are the theme developer but could not locate any issues on our end. There are no PHP errors coming up as far as I know, not sure when it stopped working though so that may help. I think debug is currently off.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

George
    Participant

I think debug is currently off.

Thanks for letting us know! If you turn debug on as per the instructions above, do any errors then start popping up?

Thanks!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Only Month View is displaying correctly’ is closed to new replies.