Only events on page are shown on Map

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Only events on page are shown on Map

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rdall
    Participant

Hi Tribe(r)’s

I have a bit of a conundrum for you.

I purchased Pro for this newly launched site. http://events.artwolfe.com

And it is working out great and looks a heck of alot better then the previous site. But we have come across a problem.

We are using MAP view with comes with The Events Calendar Pro and we want to show all the workshops and locations Art is traveling to. The problem is if we limit the amount of events on the page the only those events actually show up on the map.

See example:
    Screenshot of map view
    We have a event happening in Portland but their is no portland dot on the map because the event isn’t on the same pages query.

But if we increase the amount of the events per page in the Events Calendar settings we slow down the entire site.

So how do we query all the events for the map without loading all of the event on the page.

rdall
    Participant

Sorry my screenshot embed didn’t work wrong url. Here the direct link. http://cl.ly/image/0j3M1a1a0B1l

Josh
    Participant

Hey Robert,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Although it sounds like the map is working as designed, I understand your need to modify it for this specific situation. You can limit the increased number of events to pull to just the map view by using the “pre_get_posts” hook in WordPress. You could then wrap the logic of the “posts_per_page” argument for the associated function with a check for whether or not the current view is the map view (tribe_is_map).

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

rdall
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Robert,

Sounds good Robert. Look forward to hearing back from you after the holidays.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Only events on page are shown on Map’ is closed to new replies.