Ongoing MYSQL Query causing extremely slow site – URGENT ISSUE

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Ongoing MYSQL Query causing extremely slow site – URGENT ISSUE

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nelly
    Participant

Hi guys,

The event calendar on our site brisbanekids.com.au is causing a huge issue with my site. It’s overloading the server because it’s causing a whole lot of mysql queries that won’t stop.

We have deactivated the plugin and the site is now running at normal speed, so it is definitely something coming. It is hard for us to deactivate plugins on the site as it’s such a busy site. But we have tried deactivating a few of them.

This is a website that is currently experiencing traffic of 5,000 a day which will be increasing on Friday as the school holidays starts. We have already had angry advertisers email about the issue, so we really need to fix it ASAP. We’re happy to give you access to whatever you need to get it sorted.

The below is from SSH mysql > show processlist; (I have removed a whole lot of the duplicate entries, but these are the unique ones) as you can see they’re very slow queries
    | Id | User | Host | db | Command | Time | State | Info
    +-------+-----------------+-----------+--------------+----------------+------+----------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | 5 | eximstats | localhost | eximstats | Sleep | 180 | | NULL |
    | 3171 | xxxxxxxx | localhost | xxxxxxxx | Query | 7728 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT wp_posts.*, eventStart.meta_value as EventStartDate, IFNULL(DATE |
    | 5232 | xxxxxxxx | localhost | xxxxxxxx | Query | 6738 | Sending data | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.*, eventStart.meta_value as EventStartDate, IFNULL(DATE_ADD(CAS |
    | 6583 | xxxxxxxx | localhost | xxxxxxxx | Query | 5870 | Sending data | SELECT wp_posts.*, eventStart.meta_value as EventStartDate, IFNULL(DATE_ADD(CAST(eventStart.meta_v |
    | 6925 | xxxxxxxx | localhost | xxxxxxxx | Query | 5482 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT wp_posts.*, eventStart.meta_value as EventStartDate, IFNULL(DATE | |
    | 11948 | DELAYED | localhost | eximstats | Delayed insert | 180 | Waiting for INSERT |
    | 12318 | leechprotect | localhost | leechprotect | Sleep | 546 | | NULL
    | 12520 | DELAYED | localhost | eximstats | Delayed insert | 276 | Waiting for INSERT |
    | 12521 | DELAYED | localhost | eximstats | Delayed insert | 276 | Waiting for INSERT |
    | 12792 | root | localhost | NULL | Query | 0 | NULL | show processlist
    52 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Any help in fixing or pointing us in the right direction would be hugely appreciated. We really don’t want to have to find another calendar solution because this one is perfect for us.

Barry

I’m going to try and get some input from one of the developers on this – but if possible please elaborate on your hosting setup (please email us at [email protected] if you prefer some amount of privacy, marking the email for my attention and referring to this thread when you do so – unless you are happy to provide details in this thread).

For instance, are you using a dedicated server, a virtual server? How many instances, how much memory, relevant details from your MySQL config, etc (is it running on the same box, how much memory is it allowed to use?).

Thanks!

nelly
    Participant

Thanks Barry I sent through an email earlier

Barry

Thanks: I’ve replied to your email and will try to get some input from another team member on this as quickly as I can.

Barry

So just to round things up here, there have been some performance issues and I’m assured this has been addressed in version 3.0 (which we expect to be released sooner rather than later).

I do hope you are able to give The Events Calendar (and Events Calendar PRO) another try in the near future 🙂

baynature
    Participant

I’d like to add a +1 to reducing load in the 3.0 release. I was just doing some testing and I found that if I disabled all Tribe plugins (I have Events Cal, Pro, and Community), my P3-measured page-load times dropped by 40%. And that’s on non-event calendar pages in WP3.5 using the new default Twenty Twelve theme. I have like 30 other plugins in use each making a fraction of the load. I love the function of this plugin, but the load is a lot to handle. Also seems to slow down my live site on WPEngine.com, and they have caching pretty well dialed in.

Do you have a release date projection for 3.0?

Barry

Sometime in the new year Dan – I can’t be much more specific I’m afraid.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Ongoing MYSQL Query causing extremely slow site – URGENT ISSUE’ is closed to new replies.