One license but two websites

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO One license but two websites

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Barbara Freytag
    Participant

Hello,
    We have a company that has two different brands (although they are the same company) just one directed at one target market and another at another All the information is exactly the same but neither website is showing any information. We are not using the calendar twice but just showing it in two different places.

Please advise as its not showing on either site.

Patricia

Hey Barbara,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Since both companies share the same events calendar I would suggest you to enable it in only one of your sites and implement a URL redirect for the second one: so if someone access first.domain.com/events this person will be redirected to second.domain.com/events or perhaps you can create a different site/domain specifically for your calendar and redirect domain A and domain B to this new URL.

Also, your calendar is working as expected as I can see from here:

http://academyofadvancedaesthetics.com/events/

Let me know if you have any other questions in the mean time and I’ll be happy to assist!

Best regards,

Patricia

Barbara Freytag
    Participant

Hi Patricia,

I have also clicked that link and it has removed all of the events we had populated which took me (a non techy) nearly a day to do! So not very happy.
    I can’t do a redirect as the two companies can’t openly be seen to be the same entity although the content is exactly the same?

Please advise…

🙂 Barbara

Patricia

Hi Barbara!

Regarding the events that are missing from your month view calendar: did you update WordPress core to 4.8.2? We recently released a Hotfix (The Events Calendar 4.5.12.3) to solve an issue related to the display of events in the default Month View with WordPress 4.8.2.

Can you please update The Events Calendar and let me know if the problem is solved after that?

Regarding your initial request: since you want two calendars in two different live websites, the best option is to buy another license for this second website, even if the content is identical.

Basically each license must be used for one site in the case of personal licenses or for three sites in the case of a business license. While you can use it in a dev environment for the same site (Using One License for Live and Dev Sites) without making it count as an additional site, you cannot use it in more sites than the license type allows.

I hope this helps!

Let me know if you need anything else in the mean time.

Best regards,

Patricia

Barbara Freytag
    Participant

Hi Patricia

Thank you! The content is now showing! There is no option for me to get another license – or is there a discount available for those wishing to get a second license?

Thank you for all your help so far

Barbara

Patricia

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘One license but two websites’ is closed to new replies.