One event on multiple days with different times

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO One event on multiple days with different times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant

OK, so I realize that this functionality isn’t exactly supported right now, but what would be the best alternative? I have a two-day event that is on a Saturday and Sunday. This is one event, not two separate events! The hours on Saturday are 9 a.m.-5 p.m., but the hours on Sunday are noon-5 p.m. What is my best alternative for displaying the event?

Cliff

Hi Jon. Might you be requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests: Month View > Have multi-day events ‘span’ the consecutive days rather than individual entries each day

If so, please do add your vote there. This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

If not, please clarify your request, possibly with annotated screenshot(s) and link(s)

Thank you.

Jon
    Participant

Yes, that is true. I guess the best option currently is to just create an event that spans the two days and then mention the times within the text of the event, as so:

http://fame.flywheelsites.com/event/fort-wayne-fame-festival/

Correct?

Cliff

I believe “yes.”

However, there’s possibly a different feature request in here too: having a single “parent” event and 2 “child” events within it. Your example isn’t the perfect demonstration, but I’m talking about something along the lines of a conference (even if within a single day) that has multiple events within it, such as 3 different talks at 9:30 and 5 separate talks at 12:30

I know we’ve discussed this internally in the past, and I thought there was an existing feature request for it, but I couldn’t find it.

For your specific scenario with our existing functionality, you could actually just have 1 event and then have 2 separate tickets (free or paid)–one for Saturday (e.g. $10), one for Sunday (e.g. $10), and possibly even a 2-day pass for $17

I hope these ideas help.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘One event on multiple days with different times’ is closed to new replies.