One Day events on top

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO One Day events on top

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Hello,
    Mordern Tribe your product is great. I am just having trouble understanding one thing. Is the “PRO” calendar the only one that you can get the “One Day” events to the top of the lists. We have purchased the community add-on and I would find it unrealistic to have to purchase another $100 plug-in for functionality that is necessary for the calendar to be of any use.

Thanks for your time,

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, whirlmagazine. Great question! 🙂

The sort order with PRO active should be identical to the order without it. That said, is there something about the sort order that doesn’t look right to you? If so, please send a screenshot and let me know the specifics of the view and the events that appear out of whack, and we’ll see if we can get to the bottom of it with you.

Thanks!

Jack Tumpson
    Participant

Hello Kelly,
    Thanks for your assistance on this matter. I changed the “number of event per day on calendar view” to “15” just so you could better what was happening. Check this out http://www.whirlmagazine.com/events-calendar/ the screenshot is here http://wp.me/aZX0K-hEn

Thanks,

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, whirlmagazine. I think I see the issue now.

Because you’re setting up recurring events as events that span across many days without stopping, those are making the events appear in a less than intuitive order. In that case, the recurrence support in Events Calendar PRO would allow you to redefine the times of those events to be at certain times, but repeated across many days. Then, for each individual day, the events would appear in chronological order.

So, that said, you don’t need to have the PRO plugin to get the correct sort order, but since you’re trying to support recurring events, and that’s one of the big features of PRO, you’ll want to have that for things to look right. As a bonus, you’ll also get cool things like Map and Photo View as well as pages for individual venues, which seem like they could really be an asset to your site.

Hope that makes things a little clearer. Please let me know if there’s anything I can clarify! 🙂

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, whirlmagazine. As it’s been a couple of weeks now, I’m going to close this thread. Please start a new topic if you’d like to pursue this further.

Thanks for being a TEC user! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘One Day events on top’ is closed to new replies.