One Calendar shared on multiple sites/domains

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions One Calendar shared on multiple sites/domains

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrea

Hi,

We are working on a WordPress site with a client who would like to house a calendar on the ‘parent’ site that will be shared on 3 ‘child’ websites. Each of the three ‘child’ sites would display a calendar filtered by category on their site, showing only their specific events.

If the calendar feed can be imported/embedded into the child sites, will the calendar automatically update if an event is added or edited on the parent site?

Is this something we would need The Events Calendar Pro for? Also, can the parent calendar pull events from Facebook or visa versa?

Courtney

Hello Andrea

In this situation, I’d suggest the parent site use Event Aggregator to import using the “Other URL” feature from the subsites running The Events Calendar.

You may or may not even need Events Calendar Pro, depending upon what features you’d like.

Does that make sense? Is there anything else I can help with?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Andrea

Would that also work the other way around? Ultimately, it will be easier to populate one calendar using categories, rather than populating 3 individual calendars and merging them.

Thanks!

Andrea

Hi, I have a little more information to add –

– For the child sites, I’m not sure if it makes any difference but we plan to just have a basic “upcoming events” feed, that would show the next 5 or 10 upcoming events, not be a full calendar.

– Can other calendars (such as the chamber or local events sites) subscribe to the main calendar so they automatically populate? We currently manually submit events to several local calendars and it is a very time consuming process.

Thanks!

Courtney

Hi Andrea

Ultimately, I think either direction of connecting child with parent site calendar would be fine. Your license for Event Aggregator would allow you to install it on up to 10 domains with a combined total of 100 imports per day. The “Other URL” feature will permit you to import using a category or tag link too.

If you happen to need to set up recurring events, or want to display the calendar elsewhere using Calendar View Shortcodes or Widget Shortcodes, you would need Events Calendar Pro as well. You can review the licensing on that page and see if it matches up for the number of child sites that you have.

Does that help to clarify?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘One Calendar shared on multiple sites/domains’ is closed to new replies.