Once set to non-zero, impossible to reset ticket stock to zero/empty

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Once set to non-zero, impossible to reset ticket stock to zero/empty

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bruce williams
    Participant

Just ran across what appears to be a bug. If you initially set a stock level for a ticket, it is impossible to go back to “unlimited” stock by entering either “0” or leaving the stock field empty. Probably due to incorrect logic when ascertaining whether to update ticket metadata when the ticket form is submitted.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I have tested this and have found no issues with it. This is what I did.

• Set up an event with a ticket that has a stock of 5. Shows: 0 Sold (5 Remaining)
    • On front end purchased a ticket
    • On backend it shows: 1 Sold (4 Remaining)
    • Opened the ticket for editing (on the event page), removed the stock number and left the field empty. Clicked on ‘Save this ticket’. It shows: 1 Sold (0 Remaining)
      Note: if there is no stock limit it will always show “(0 Remaining)” on the backend where you add/edit the tickets
    • On the front end purchased another ticket. No issues.
    • On the backend it shows: 2 Sold (0 Remaining)

I can easily purchase more tickets.

Can you tell me if what you did was different in any way, or if it’s behaving differently?

Note, when you change the properties of a ticket you need to click on the ‘Save this ticket’ button, and <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>not</span> on the ‘Update’ button which would only update the event details, but not the ticket.

Cheers,
    Andras

bruce williams
    Participant

Hmm. This appears to be dependent on a specific ticket configuration as I tested on another event and everything works fine. Let me try to determine the configuration I was testing when I noticed the issue and give you details on the specifics.

bruce williams
    Participant

OK, here is the scenario; I have 4 tickets setup as follows:

3 tickets set to “Use global stock”
    1 ticket set to “Independent”

When I attempt to reset the stock of the “Independent” ticket to “unlimited” by entering a null in the ticket “Stock:” it APPEARS to not have any effect as the ticket is still listed as “X sold (0 remaining)”.

However, when you look on the front-end, the ticket is properly configured with unlimited stock (or at least no stock level is noted with the ticket). So, it appears that the way in which “unlimited” stock tickets are listed in the back-end event editor had me confused.

Could the back-end be tweaked to list tickets with unlimited stock as “unlimited” instead of “0 remaining”. There is no way to know at a glance if the “0 remaining” is truly zero tickets left to be sold or that the ticket is configured to have unlimited stock.

Thanks!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce,

I tested this as well and yes, it looks like there is a glitch in the back-end. I checked our internal log and this is scheduled to be fixed with the next Major release of Event Tickets. I don’t know an exact date when that is going to happen, I’m just waiting for a feedback from the project manager on that. I’ll get back to you once I get a reply. Hang in there.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Bruce, I got the feedback I was waiting for.

The release where this is going to be addressed is planned for October. Hang in there, we’re almost there.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once it is released. If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help you out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a new feature release for our plugins, where the issue you were having is no longer a concern.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-event-tickets-4-6-event-tickets-plus-4-6-events-calendar-4-6-4-community-tickets-4-5/

We strongly recommend you make a backup of your site before updating. Additionally, we recommend performing your tests on a dev or staging site to avoid potential breakages on your live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if it works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Once set to non-zero, impossible to reset ticket stock to zero/empty’ is closed to new replies.