On Event page, venue "Website" field is garbled after 3.6 update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO On Event page, venue "Website" field is garbled after 3.6 update

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    agershon
    Participant

See here: http://www.fastinfastout.com/events/sonoma-raceway-7/
    The Website field has html gobbledygook.

Then click through to the Venue page: http://www.fastinfastout.com/venue/sonoma-raceway-sears-point/

The address has a random comma there. These issues were not present before I updated to 3.6 just now.

sniklewerks
    Participant

I have the same issue.
    You can see an example here: http://advancedneurotraining.com/event/anatomy-for-massage-therapists-class-2/

Thanks

: )

GDPR20181004
    Participant

Count me in on this issue as well! The website field in Venue shows the HTML code instead of a link. And for me, the Google maps are showing as a blank square. Any word on when 3.6.1 will be out? FYI- I also have the PRO addon.

http://metroatlantabikers.com/event/bococks-bike-night/2014-05-29/

GDPR20181004
    Participant

I chickened out and backed down to 3.5.1/3.5.2 to get my site functional again. Agershon, sniklewerks, I hope this gets fixed for you soon.

dancepapi
    Participant

I have the same problem. With the new 3.6 update, the website field in the Venue section of an event listing is displayed as html instead of as a link. Example: http://grab.by/xidm
    This happens on all Event listings where there’s also a featured Venue.
    Please fix.

Barry

Sorry for the inconvenience there, everyone: we’ll get this slated for a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can workaround this fairly easily with a template override.

Please see our Themer’s Guide if you’re unfamiliar with this process, but the basic idea in this case is to set up a new file at:

wp-content/themes/YOUR_THEME/tribe-events/modules/meta/venue.php

If you don’t already have a tribe-events sub-directory within your theme then go right and and create it. Then, add the following code to that new file:

<?php
    if ( ! tribe_address_exists() ) return;
    $phone = tribe_get_phone();
    $website = tribe_get_venue_website_link()
    ?>

<div class="tribe-events-meta-group tribe-events-meta-group-venue">
    	<h3 class="tribe-events-single-section-title"> <?php _e('Venue', 'tribe-events-calendar' ) ?> </h3>
    	<dl>
    		<?php do_action( 'tribe_events_single_meta_venue_section_start' ) ?>

<dd class="author fn org"> <?php echo tribe_get_venue() ?> </dd>

<?php
    		// Do we have an address?
    		$address = tribe_address_exists() ? '<address class="tribe-events-address">' . tribe_get_full_address() . '</address>' : '';

// Do we have a Google Map link to display?
    		$gmap_link = tribe_show_google_map_link() ? tribe_get_map_link_html() : '';
    		$gmap_link = apply_filters( 'tribe_event_meta_venue_address_gmap', $gmap_link );

// Display if appropriate
    		if ( ! empty( $address ) ) echo '<dd class="location">' . "$address $gmap_link </dd>";
    		?>

<?php if ( ! empty( $phone ) ): ?>
    			<dt> <?php _e( 'Phone:', 'tribe-events-calendar' ) ?> </dt>
    			<dd class="tel"> <?php esc_html_e( $phone ) ?> </dd>
    		<?php endif ?>

<?php if ( ! empty( $website ) ): ?>
    			<dt> <?php _e( 'Website:', 'tribe-events-calendar' ) ?> </dt>
    			<dd class="url"> <?php echo $website ?> </dd>
    		<?php endif ?>

<?php do_action( 'tribe_events_single_meta_venue_section_end' ) ?>
    	</dl>
    </div>

That should resolve the issue with the venue website link. Does that help here?

agershon
    Participant

Yes!! Nice one. Clearly, I need to explore the Themer’s Guide.
    The random comma is still present on the Venue page itself, but I’ll open a new ticket for that.
    THANKS!

sniklewerks
    Participant

This fixed my issues.

Support = A+

: )

Bruce

Norine Leibel
    Participant

Glad it’s in the works, Barry. Do yo have an ETA on the full fix? Unfortunately no time right now to do the temp fix.

Barry

Yes, please do open a new thread for that other issue (with the comma) – I suspect that’s a fairly easy CSS issue we can help you with.

@onelittlemouse: right now we haven’t had a chance to assess that and make a final decision. At the very latest it would be in the next maintenance release (and so applying the above fix now would be the ideal course of action – and also would be “safe” since it wouldn’t change even if for some reason we were unable to deliver a fix in a future release … though that of course is unlikely).

Glad the fix seems to be working for those who tried it – and our apologies once again for the inconvenience.

agershon
    Participant
    Barry

Great I/one of the team will be along to help shortly.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘On Event page, venue "Website" field is garbled after 3.6 update’ is closed to new replies.