Old Events in Google

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Old Events in Google

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Josiah
    Participant

This isn’t specific to community events, but I was wondering if there’s a way to hide/or archive old events.

The issue we’re having, is that users are finding old events in Google/search, and are confused.

I see that I can clean up recurring events, but what about regular events that have passed? Or is there a technique to show some sort of warning when viewing an archived event (is there an “is_past” check/flag?)

Josh
    Participant

Hey Josiah,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I apologize for the delayed response here.

This is definitely an interesting idea here. You can follow our Themer’s Guide to copy the src > views > single-event.php file into your theme and adding a conditional that uses “tribe_get_start_date()” and compare to the Date() and if the date is after the start date you can add a notice onto the event page.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Josiah
    Participant

That’s a good idea. I do also think an option to add noindex meta tag to old events would be nice to keep those pages from staying in search results.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Josiah,

No problem. Happy to help.

Also, this does sound like a good idea! I’ll pass it along to our team to see if it makes sense to include this in an upcoming release schedule.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Old Events in Google’ is closed to new replies.