Offering Ticket for Multi-day Event?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Offering Ticket for Multi-day Event?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    focalshift
    Participant

I am trying to setup an event that is held over four Saturdays. I am only selling a single ticket that entitles the purchaser to attend all four days. Right now I have a recurring event set to show the four dates of the event. This seems confusing though. Is there a way to indicate that an event is held on four days (ideally with a link that places the event on someones calendar via ical, etc.)?

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Barry

Hi, that’s a great question.

It’s important to note right away that recurrence is not supported by WooCommerce Tickets at this time; with that in mind it may be best to make a multiday event rather than a recurring event and emphasize the particular conditions that apply within the event description.

Would that work here?

focalshift
    Participant

A multiday event sounds like exactly what I want. Is it possible to create a multiday event and specify the dates for each day of the event? The event I am trying to setup does not have days that are consecutive.

Barry

Ah, ok.

Perhaps it won’t be a great fit in these circumstances then – multiday events are simply events that span two or more days, so they have to be a block of consecutive days.

A side-effect of WooCommerce Tickets and it’s current lack of recurring events support though (please test before trying this out though, as it was only ever an unintentional side effect and may have changed) was that creating tickets for one event in a chain meant it was available for all of them.

So, in terms of stock control, this would – potentially – fit your scenario perfectly. That doesn’t eliminate the potential for user confusion, of course, but as before perhaps you could make it clear within the event description that they need only buy tickets once?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Offering Ticket for Multi-day Event?’ is closed to new replies.