odd little line-break issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO odd little line-break issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zeke
    Participant

No other way to describe it – just a little odd…
    (This is in regards to the mini-calendar in the right sidebar -http://group23.com/nba/)
    When first loading the page, there is a line break () added after the current month, resulting in the “next” and “previous” carrots being wrapped funny. This problem disappears when moving backwards/forwards by month, even when returning to the current month. However, refreshing the page brings the line break back (!)
    Give her a go – what love to know what you think and I how I might fix this – thanks!

Barry

Hi zeke,

The break tags causing the problem you have described are not generated by our plugin: there are however a number of themes (and it looks like you are using Karma by TrueThemes there, which is one of the them) which essentially cause paragraph and break tags to be inserted even where they may be undesirable.

I think it boils down to them running wpautop() late on in the process of rendering the page – but in any case I do believe they have a means of marking areas of the page that shouldn’t be processed in this way by wrapping sections in [raw] these special raw shortcodes [/raw] … the best thing I can advise here is talking to their support crew / looking at their docs for a more complete picture of what’s happening here.

Hope that helps!

zeke
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    I appreciate the insight into the issue and am glad that you were able to spot the solution so quickly. Based on your observations, I was able to go into the >views>widgets>mini-calendar>grid.php template and simply remove the line break after “” at line 27. All is good now – thanks again for your help!

Kelly
    Participant

Well done, Zeke! Since you figured it out, I’m going to close this thread. Please start a new one if anything else comes up!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘odd little line-break issue’ is closed to new replies.