Occurrences for results in map view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Occurrences for results in map view

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mastafu
    Participant

Check this out. This is not the best representing of the events. The order is wrong.
    http://mastafu.hostit.pl/temp/occuring-events-map-view.PNG
    Next years of the same event should be shown last, separated by the line with year just like in here.
    http://mastafu.hostit.pl/temp/occuring-events-map-view-better.PNG
    Plus there should be a choice to turn off occurence, just like for the list-view.
    ie. if there is 5-10 occurrences and not much else results, it looks just horrible.

Leah

Hi mastafu,

If you load the Map View without any search criteria, it shows the events in chronological order. However, because you entered a location search, the results are ordered by distance and then by date.

Are you sure you have the Recurring Event Instances or Front-end recurring event instances toggle settings checked? You should see the effects on all List-type event Views (List, Map, and Photo View). Please double check the setting on the backend.

Cheers,
    Leah

mastafu
    Participant

Yes. This is checked. Fresh setup, just to test this and other errors in your plugin, which gives me headace, because I should finish the project and not fight with errors like that.
    Please advice on how to fix.

I made you a presentation.
    [video src="http://mastafu.hostit.pl/temp/occurence-error.m4v" /]

mastafu
    Participant

I made another clip showing how this works in my real website I am building.
    I added year header to map view, but still events are sorted wrong way … first should be 2013 and then the rest if checkbox is unchecked in Options panel. But in my case it is checked, not to show occurances.
    [video src="http://mastafu.hostit.pl/temp/map-view-broken.m4v" /]

Leah

Hi mastafu,

Thanks for those screencasts. They really helped me understand what the problem is here.

I have confirmed that 3.2 has a bug where the frontend recurring events toggle does not work in most instances. I’ve ticketed this so our developers can take a look and get it fixed for our next maintenance release. Thanks again for your report!

Best,
    Leah

mastafu
    Participant

You know this is not the way commercial plugin developers should work. You should at least give people like me, (stuck with a critical problem, problem that blocks my website from giving it to my client) patch in 2-3 days that we can apply ourselves and not wait another 3 weeks or more.

I hope you will listen to this suggestion and not just close this topic.
    Once you start using commercial plugin for commercial purposes, level of service must change.

mastafu
    Participant

And btw. another reason for a fix for specific problem in the form of a patch and not whole new release is that I started with 3.1 and after 3.2 I lost one important feature, which is “Show events in main WP loop”. We, developers can’t afford situations like this. We have contracts with clients limited by time, you know … ?

mastafu
    Participant

Same reversed order is in tag view (events diplayed via assigned WP tags), while category view is fine.

Leah

Hi again mastafu,

I’m sorry you’ve had such a negative experience with our plugin. Several of our recent problems have been critical issues for you, and I understand how that is extremely frustrating!

We strive to build good, solid plugins and test them thoroughly, but unfortunately we do sometimes make mistakes or miss things. And although we do our best to get hotfixes and maintenance releases out as needed, we are a small team and cannot always release a patch or fix. If you need to switch to a plugin that better suits your support needs, I can offer you a refund. Beyond that I can only thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best,
    Leah

mastafu
    Participant

LOL, you want me to switch now? after a month of development based on your plugin ? Good joke … just try harder and fix critical issues ASAP.

Don’t try, just do it, like they say …

Chris
    Participant

As per my reply on your other threads, I’m going to close this.

-Chris

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Occurrences for results in map view’ is closed to new replies.