Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

After I upgraded to 2.0 I keep getting this error message: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string…includes/format.php. I did a TON of research, and I found that when you link to a Custom Taxonomy in the Nav menu, and then you change the Custom Taxonomy you get the previous error message. This being the only thing I changed on my site before the error occurred, I figured I would start here.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Rob

Hey Anthony, I can take a look at this for you – not sure what the issue would be here. What are the steps you went through to get this? I’ll try to recreate on my end.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Here is what happened. I deactivated Events Calendar v1.3.3, uploaded 2.0 and Pro. Activated 2.0. Then activated Pro. Then when I went to my menus I started receiving the error previously mentioned. The research was saying that if you have a link in the menu that is a Custom Taxonomy and you change the Custom Taxonomy, that this is the error that people are receiving. I had a link to the events (grid view) in my WP menu. I literally didn’t change anything else (and I never reactivated EC v1.3.3). Just as a heads up, I use UberMenus plugin, however, I haven’t had any problems with the plugin, nor was the problem resolved when I deactivated it.

Let me know what additional information you need. Also as a heads up, I have 3 other websites that I am looking to make this update to, but I am waiting to have a clear cut solution to this problem before I make the switch.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Rob

Thanks for confirming. So if I understand the issue correctly here: you’re saying that you had a menu item added in 1.3.3, but that on upgrading and going back to the Menus page, it tells you in a little red error box that the menu is no longer present / includes the error you’d noted?

Let me know if I misinterpreted it (if I did, any chance you could send a link or screenshot?) If not, there’s no way to work around that at this point, unfortunately – you’d have to re-add those menu items manually.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Actually, not quite. I have a screen shot of what appears when I click on Appearance >> Menus. What is the best way to send that to you.

Quick explination: There is no red box, it can’t even get to the page where the menus are (which would make more sense once you saw a screen shot.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Rob

Hey Anthony. That’s definitely bizarre; if you send an email to rob at tri.be that references this thread (with link) and includes the screenshot, I’ll do what I can to assist.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

I wonder if I can do one better: The link below is a screenshot of the problem. For some reason the email notification isn’t working for this thread.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/dt2dtk

Rob

Whoa! That’s definitely weird. Never heard of or seen anything else like that. The plugin shouldn’t be causing that – if you had a link to /events up there going to grid view and updated to a new version of the plugin, the worst that’d happen is you’d be told that menu item no longer existed.

Does this happen in both free & PRO? Could it be a conflict with another plugin, or caused flat out by another plugin? I see at the bottom of your screen there’s a catchable fatal error, which could be related? Sorry I couldn’t offer up more; this is the first time I’ve seen/heard of anything like this.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Ok, so I deactivated both EC Pro, and EC 2.0. Neither helped. However, I then tried reactivating EC 1.3.3, and the menu came back…I’m not sure what that means, but wouldn’t that indicate that there is an issue with EC 2.0? I suppose I should have mentioned this earlier, but we use a CDN; could that be causing the issue? If so, any thoughts on how to fix that?

Thank you,
    Anthony

Rob

Thanks for confirming. Sounds like it is an ECP issue then. I’ll have to check with our developer John as to what the CDN’s impact may be. I’ve sent this his way and should have an answer shortly.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Thank you. I’m really looking forward to getting this on all my sites.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Any headway made on this…I am ready to buy more, but not until this is resolved. Any other information I can provide, I am more than happy to give.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Rob

Hey Anthony. I spoke to the dev on this and we’re a bit stumped at it; we’ve confirmed that it is a bug in the system that saves an error into a custom field and we’re working to get to the bottom of it for a future release. But it should normally just be a warning, not a fatal error – do you have another plugin that could be causing that, or a debugging solution of some kind turned on?

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

I tested all of my plugins to see if there were a conflict or anything like that, and none resolved the problem after deactivation. I don’t have debugging solution on that I am aware of… How would I even check that?

Thank you

Rob

The easiest would be to go into your wp_config file and see whether wp_debug was set to true/false. On the plugin side, there’s a checkbox under Settings –> The Events Calendar to turn on or off debug mode as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string’ is closed to new replies.