Notification trigger on Event day itself

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Notification trigger on Event day itself

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    stehen haywood
    Participant

How can I get an event to trigger an email on the day of the event itself? (as it is published well before that).

I have the ‘Send to Any Email Add-on’ installed.

Short of a plugin feature, perhaps a cron setup could do it, but on what hook?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen!

There is not an out-of-the-box way to schedule emails for attendees, but you might be able to get this set up via a customization. It would require a bit more code than hooking in somewhere to get this working…are you looking to resend the initial ticket email or send out a new email, like a reminder? You can find the template for the ticket email at wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/email.php.

We are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you get stuck on the code for this, feel free to send me a copy of your code via a gist – I’ll be happy to try to point you in the right direction!

Thanks,

Jennifer

stehen haywood
    Participant

I only need to send an automatic email to the Organizer on the day of the event. That email is captured by the initial form. So I figured that it shouldn’t be too difficult. Am I right?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

It is possible, but it will require some custom code. We have some snippets in this post that you might use as a starting point, but these essentially add an email address to an email that is already going out (the ticket email). Setting up an entirely new email would be a bit more complicated. You would need to grab the start time and organizer email address from the event and somehow give it to the platform you’re using to send the email (I’m not sure what you’re referring to by the “Send to Any Email Add-on”). Our functions list might be helpful in getting that info from the event.

I’m sorry I don’t have a more straightforward solution for you here, but please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

stehen haywood
    Participant

Hello. I have found a solution using the system cron, but I need the Organizer’s email each time. (As I’m using that for convenience)

Is the Organizer’s email stored in the Database? because I can’t find it anywhere. The rest of the post is there.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Great! Yes it is stored in the database…you can use the tribe_get_organizer_email function (found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/functions/template-tags/organizer.php), which would be the easiest way to grab it.

Organizers are custom post types, so an organizer’s email address should be stored as custom meta data for the tribe_organizers post type. If you need to pull it directly from the database, let me know, and I can check with our developers to find out exactly where it is stored.

stehen haywood
    Participant

Hello, Thanks Jennifer.

I still cannot find the reference to tribe_organizers or the organizer’s email address in the wrdp database.

I found it in the API though (site-url/wp-json/tribe/events/v1/organizers?).

I need to extract the events for today with organizer name/email/post url within a php file.

Can you tell me the code for this?

Thanks

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

It looks like the organizer email is stored in the wp_postmeta table:

SELECT * FROM 'wp_postmeta' WHERE 'meta_key' = '_OrganizerEmail'

It is associated with the post ID, which is the organizer.

However, I would still recommend using the tribe_get_organizer_email function instead of running a SQL query directly.

I hope this helps!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Notification trigger on Event day itself’ is closed to new replies.