Notice Text "There were no results found"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Notice Text "There were no results found"

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rdall
    Participant

We want to change our notice text from something a bit different from:

“There were no results found”

Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 11.35.26 AM.png

to something like:

“Currently no events are scheduled for this month.”

I know we need to do a filter of some sort to change the text. But I not sure how to craft a filter just to change the text and was hopping you could provide a filter the allows me the change the notice text.

rdall
    Participant

We’d also need similar filters for many of the other notices as we like using a our language that our specific to our site.

Geoff

Hello Robert–nice to see you again. πŸ™‚

The answer for this question will be the same for the thread you posted here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/no-results-found-text/

By the way, this example will show you all the possible ways you can change that notice based on what the current view is (e.g. Month, List, Photo, etc.).

Cheers!
    Geoff

rdall
    Participant

Sorry Geoff I couldn’t find any reference to the first request. So I though I would write it again thinking it got lost to cyber space. Thanks for your help. I think that filter will work. Trying it out now.

Geoff

Great, let me know how it goes. πŸ™‚

rdall
    Participant

Hey Geoff Would you believe I don’t know how to work this new forum either πŸ˜‰

I found the filter and it is working out fine!

If I wanted to change the text if their wasn’t a workshop in a certain category.

“No matching events listed under “Category”. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.”

How would we accomplish this? I am guessing it is a similar filter But already tried that.

rdall
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Awesome, great job using the filter!

Yes, I’d definitely go the same route with the category route as well, though using theΒ is_tax() conditional to selectively target a category page.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi there, Robert! Just checking in to see if you still need assistance on this one–please let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

rdall
    Participant

I had to hire out using your example for the notices. I just couldn’t get it done myself. Their were a lot of variables to consider. Taxonomies, Events not found, Events Search Results.

I truly thank you for you help though. But this should really be in an editable template.

rdall
    Participant

My issue is resolved btw Thanks!

Geoff

Thanks for following up! I’m glad this got sorted out. πŸ™‚

If you have an idea of what an editable template would look like, we’d love to hear about it on our UserVoice page. We’re always accepting suggestions over there and it’d be great if you chimed in.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new one if any other questions pop up.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Notice Text "There were no results found"’ is closed to new replies.