Notice Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Notice Error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Arnout
    Participant

I just updated to the latest version of The Events Calendar (4.0.7) and now the events List page is showing the following message: Notice: Array to string conversion in /var/www/vhosts/molens.nl/httpdocs/nl/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 1025 on the some of the events.

I deleted all my custom template files and the notice is still showing up.

Dan Feeley
    Participant

I am getting the same error as well. In my case it appears to be related to events that do not have a venue defined. There was no issue in 4.0.6.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Arnout,

Thanks for taking the time to report this. I have tried hard to reproduce this problem, including with venueless events per danfeeley’s description. I am not seeing any error.

Could you try temporarily disabling WooCommerce for me to see if this goes away? The error you referenced is inside of the WP Function wp_check_invalid_utf8(). This function is not often used, and it’s not used at all in our plugins. However, WooCommerce does use it. So I’m wondering if that is related.

If the above does not work, do you perchance know how to obtain a stacktrace on the error? Commonly people do this be enabling Xdebug, which outputs a stacktrace with each error message. No worries if you don’t know how to do this.

Danfeeley, are you seeing this error on list view as well? Have you tried temporarily disabling your theme overrides? If so, would you mind sharing your system information here? Make sure to use the ‘Set as private reply’ checkbox to protect your private information from the public. You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings, clicking on the “Help” tab, and scrolling down to the ‘System Information’ box. (Or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=tribe-events-calendar&tab=help) That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Cheers!
    – Brook

Arnout
    Participant

danfeeley: It’s the same for me. Events without a location show the error.

Brook: I’ve tried disabling WooCommerce but that doesn’t seem to be having any effect.
    I don’t know how to obtain a stacktrace and I am not familiar with Xdebug. However, if you need any information from me I can try and figure out how to get this. I would really like to see this issue resolved.

Dan Feeley
    Participant

Brook: Yes, the error does appear in list view as well as single event view. And it only appears if debugging is set to true. I removed all template overrides and disabled all other plugins except Events Calendar and the error still persists.

I will send the system information below.

Dan Feeley
    Participant

This reply is private.

Dan Feeley
    Participant

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP Stack trace:

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP   1. {main}() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\index.php:0

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP   2. require() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\index.php:17

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP   3. require_once() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-blog-header.php:16

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP   4. include() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-includes\template-loader.php:89

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP   5. tribe_get_view() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\views\default-template.php:21

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP   6. include() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\functions\template-tags\general.php:45

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP   7. tribe_get_template_part() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\views\list.php:24

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP   8. include() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\functions\template-tags\general.php:109

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP   9. tribe_get_template_part() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\views\list\content.php:44

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  10. include() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\functions\template-tags\general.php:109

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  11. tribe_get_template_part() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\views\list\loop.php:38

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  12. include() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\functions\template-tags\general.php:109

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  13. tribe_get_venue_details() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\views\list\single-event.php:16

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  14. tribe_get_meta() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\functions\template-tags\venue.php:455

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  15. call_user_func_array:{C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\functions\template-tags\meta.php:129}() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\functions\template-tags\meta.php:129

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  16. Tribe__Events__Advanced_Functions__Register_Meta::venue_address() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\functions\template-tags\meta.php:129

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  17. tribe_get_full_address() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\Tribe\Advanced_Functions\Register_Meta.php:279

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  18. Tribe__Events__Main->fullAddress() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\functions\template-tags\venue.php:142

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  19. tribe_get_template_part() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\Tribe\Main.php:2924

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  20. include() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\functions\template-tags\general.php:109

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  21. tribe_get_country() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\views\modules\address.php:63

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  22. esc_html() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\functions\template-tags\venue.php:123

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP  23. wp_check_invalid_utf8() C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-includes\formatting.php:3533

[07-Mar-2016 15:34:56 UTC] PHP Notice:  Array to string conversion in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ampps\www\wp-includes\formatting.php on line 1025

Brook
    Participant

Thank you guys very much for getting back so quick.

First of all Arnout, getting rid of this error message and any like it is quite easy. If errors like this are appearing on your live website, I strongly recommend disabling WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY. Those should not be enabled on your live website unless you are a developer testing something. Hopefully this will help remove some of the urgency, as it might be up to a few weeks before we release a version with this patched.

Thank you very much for the stack trace danfeeley. I believe I have zeroed in on the issue using that. It would seem that your databases have an array inside of the _VenueCountry instead of a string. To test this theory could you run the following SQL query on your site:

SELECT *
    FROM wp_posts
    INNER JOIN wp_postmeta ON wp_posts.ID = wp_postmeta.post_id
    WHERE wp_postmeta.meta_key = '_VenueCountry' AND wp_postmeta.meta_value LIKE 'a:%'

If that returns any results then you indeed have an array there. I would think that fixing this issue will be as simple as resaving the venue in WordPress. If you make a note of every venue in the results, then go to WP Admin > Events > Venues, click Edit, then click Update. If you do this for each venue it should remove the error from your website. Does that work, or did the above query not return any results? If for some reason you have a gigantic amount of venues with this issue let me know and we might be able to find a way to fix this programatically.

I know the above is pretty technical. You both seem very technically inclined, so I was outlining the easiest way I could think of given your experience. If it’s a bit much though please let me know and we can find more appropriate methods.

Cheers!

– Brook

Dan Feeley
    Participant

I ran the query and it returned no results. Just to be safe I deleted all venues except one and did an update on that with no luck. Not sure if it’s related but something I found. On a new server I installed Events Calendar 4.0.6 and created an event, this is the venue:

Event Calendar 4.0.6

This is the venue with 4.0.7 installed (the 0 was there by default):
    Event Calendar 4.0.7

Ian
    Participant

Hi there

We have just updated and had this error come up also. We will disable wp_debug_display, but wanted to get in this thread also incase more solutions come up

Thanks

Ian

Arnout
    Participant

Setting wp_debug_display to false changes the notice to ‘Array’ but doesn’t get rid of it altogether, so I’m afraid this is not a solution.

Brook
    Participant

Setting wp_debug_display to false changes the notice to ‘Array’ but doesn’t get rid of it altogether, so I’m afraid this is not a solution.

Oh well that’s no good.

Thanks for y’alls patience while the team was away. We’re getting caught up now.

I think we’ve tried everything we can reasonably try remotely. Would one of you be okay with sharing a copy of your database? From there I can try out a number of things that are too difficult to walk other through.

• Brook
    Dan Feeley
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you very much Dan. I am doing my testing on this today and tomorrow. I’ll get back to you with the results.

• Brook
    Brook
    Participant

We found the cause! Thanks you guys for all your help. This is set to be fixed in our very next release, 4.1.1. We recently switch to scheduling a “maintenance release” like that every 2 weeks. So in about 2 weeks this will be patched. If you need to correct this sooner I recommend downgrading to 4.0.6 (Tutorial: Downgrading a plugin ).

Please let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Notice Error’ is closed to new replies.