Nothing has been imported since latest update

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Nothing has been imported since latest update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SARAH WITIUK
    Participant

I am having a similar issue.
    First, for “Scheduled Import” – when I click “run import” – it says “Successfully queued 1 scheduled import” – but nothing else happens, and no events are imported. I know for a fact that there are new events on Facebook.com/queensevents because I put them there. I have tried this for last 3 days.

Second, when I create a “New Import” for a One-Time Import of Facebook.com/queensevents, the preview says:
    Your preview doesn’t have any records to import.

This is incorrect. Please help fix. I have ~30 events I now need to manually add.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/scheduled-imports-not-working-with-latest-update/

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with importing. Let me try to help you with that.

I would like to ask for some more details on this issue:

• What is your Event Update Authority setting? (Events > Settings > Imports tab)
    • What is the Import Limit Type and Range? (same page)
    • What is the exact URL you have set up in your import?

Please note, that when an import starts, it will need some time to finish the whole import process. Depending on the number of events and some other factors it can take up to half hour until the import finishes. The date / time you see under ‘last run’ is the time the import started, not when it finished.

Also, if you re-run an import before it can finish, then it will never finish, so it is recommended to wait a bit.

I have ran a test with this url:
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/QueensEvents/

With my limit set to unlimited the preview gave me 198 entries starting from today until November 2018. Now the import is being processed… I’ll let you know the result once it finishes. Meanwhile please get back to me with the answers to the above questions. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Andras

SARAH WITIUK
    Participant

My Event Update Authority is: Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.
    Import Limit Type and Range: By date range, one month
    URL you have set up in your import: http://www.facebook.com/queensevents

SARAH WITIUK
    Participant

There’s an issue when I try to preview it – it says “Your preview doesn’t have any records to import.”

SARAH WITIUK
    Participant

I’ve waited 1 hour and still nothing has uploaded. In the history it says:
    When: 58 minutes ago
    # imported: 0 new

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for sharing the infos and checking that.

Please go to Events > Imports > Scheduled imports tab and open up the scheduled import for editing. Check if there is any date entered in the ‘Refine’ area of the settings. Here’s a screenshot of what you should look for.

If there is a date in the past (e.x. October) and you have one month set as a limit, then events in December will not be imported.

What you can also try is to increase the limit to 2 months.

Let me know how that works out.

Cheers,
    Andras

SARAH WITIUK
    Participant

Hi András,

I don’t have a “Refine” option at all. See screenshot attached.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for sharing that!

The “no records to import” error message is unusual.

Please hang in there while I try to get another set of eyes to take a look at this.

Thanks,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah,

Do you get similar results with other Facebook urls as well?

What you can try is totally disconnect Facebook from your site and reconnect. Here’s how you can do that:

• go to Events > Settings > APIs tab and click on ‘Disconnect’ in the Facebook section
    • go to Facebook, click on the little down arrow in the top right corner, and choose ‘Settings’
    • On the Settings page go to ‘Apps’ and look for Event Aggregator in the list (screenshot)
    • Hover over it with the mouse and click on the ‘X’ to remove it
    • Now go back to Events > Settings > APIs and connect to Facebook again
    • Re-try the import

Does this help with the issue?

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Nothing has been imported since latest update’ is closed to new replies.