NOT WORKING: Event Calendar Pro Ticket Purchase Email Notification

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus NOT WORKING: Event Calendar Pro Ticket Purchase Email Notification

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Hi,

We have had trouble with the Events Calendar Pro plugin for the past 2 months (lost orders, problems with guest login, no notifications, etc.).

It seems your recent updates have taken care of most of the problems – we just made a test purchase through Paypal and it worked (email notification of processing payment went through to the site administrator and the number of tickets for the event updated successfully).

HOWEVER, the email confirming processing payment and event details DOES NOT go through (i.e. the customer never receives email notification of the purchase). We have even tested manually sending the email after the fact, and it still does not go through. PLEASE HELP!!!

BTW – I tried deactivating all plugins EXCEPT event calendar/tickets and woocommerce – no dice. I also moved to default twenty fourteen WP theme – still no dice.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi John!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with that.

Order emails of ticket purchases are sent by WooCommerce. You should check the settings under WooCommerce > Settings > Emails and see if you have them enabled. I found the following article from WooCommerce that will help you troubleshoot that > https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/email-faq/

Just to confirm, does the ticket email get sent to the customer? If not, then this could probably be a different issue and we’ll need to make some deeper troubleshooting. Let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

John
    Participant

Hi,

I checked Woocommerce > Settings > Emails and it looks like everything’s set up properly (see screenshot).

The ticket email does not get sent to the customer – this is the problem. We get the notification email of a purchase/payment processing, but nothing is sent to the actual customer (we know this because we’ve purchased a ticket through the site ourselves, and no notification is sent. Not even when we go into the back end and send one manually).

Please help!!!

John
    Participant

Forgot to add the screenshot

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by John.
    John
    Participant

Upload didn’t work apparently.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi John!

Thanks for checking that and for the screenshot.

I’m sorry to hear about the tickets not being sent. Let me help you troubleshoot that.

If you have not already done so, check out the When should tickets be emailed to customers? setting under Events > Settings > Tickets.

This establishes when the ticket is sent (in some cases, only when the order status is set to “complete”).

I know the order emails are being sent, but another common solution is to have the system send tickets from any chosen email address by simply installing, configuring and testing the following plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

Using a real SMTP server with authentication will bypass the built-in WP mail functionality altogether.

Please make sure you configure and test the settings using the plugin’s built-in tool.

I hope that helps. Let me know about it.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘NOT WORKING: Event Calendar Pro Ticket Purchase Email Notification’ is closed to new replies.