Not updating on Event Ticket Page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Not updating on Event Ticket Page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Johanne
    Participant

Hello,

I noticed that at the bottom of events, there is a place that says:

“You have 64 Tickets for this Event. View your Tickets
    Tickets”

How is it counting tickets that are mine vs users. If they are mine, the admin, I should all the tickets sold to that event, right? In that case the number would be over 400.

For some of my users who have purchased tickets, they do not see this link. Also, when I go to edit attendee info, the update button does take action.

Lastly, the download link for PDFs doesn’t seem to be working. My users say a blank page shows up or they get sent to homepage of my site.

Looking forward to your answers

Cheers

JO

Johanne
    Participant

I see that this is connected with the shortcode [tribe-user-event-confirmations] – which does not work because I have logged in to RSVP/Buy tickets turned off

Is there a way that it can work without having the option of users logged into by turned on?

All users who buy tickets get accounts created upon checkout. If you want to submit an event you need an account.

What I don’t like is that the user can’t see the tickets before logging in which may deter them.

Let me know if you have a solution for this

Cheers

Jo

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jo!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me help you with that. 🙂

Regarding the message “You have 64 Tickets for this Event. View your Tickets
    Tickets” This will only show when you are logged in and have already purchased tickets for that event. It may be showing 64 tickets because those are probably the number of tickets yourself as administrator have bought, it this right?

the download link for PDFs doesn’t seem to be working. My users say a blank page shows up or they get sent to homepage of my site.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue for this extension. For the moment, only logged in users can see PDF tickets.

I will change this thread status to “Pending fix” and link it to the bug report, so the team can let you know when the bugfix is released in a future version of the extension.

I see that this is connected with the shortcode [tribe-user-event-confirmations] – which does not work because I have logged in to RSVP/Buy tickets turned off

I’m not sure I follow what you mean by this. I’m not aware of any shortcode named [tribe-user-event-confirmations]. Are you using a third party plugin that makes use of that shortcode? Let me know about it, so I can help you with it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Johanne
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thank you for the feedback.

Yes for the shortcode, it is from your list of shortcodes to use with community tickets.

It’s supposed to show the events that user purchased. But when I log in as a user, I don’t see the link. I only see it when I’m logged in as administrator.

Do you know why the shortcode is not working for my users?

Thank you very much

Jo

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jo!

Thanks for clearing that out!

Yes, the [tribe-user-event-confirmations] shortcode will show a list of links to events you confirmed attending (by RSVP or buying a ticket), only if you are logged in.

If are logged in but did not confirm attending to any event, then it should show the message “You have not indicated your attendance for any upcoming events.” Are your users seeing that message or are you not getting any message at all?

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Victor

Johanne
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I see the message for some and but not for others. they have bought tickets to the event but I do not see it in their account.

When I go in and try to update a ticket, the page does not update. When you click the update button at the bottom, it looks like it’s going to spool but it doesn’t.

Let me know

Jo

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jo!

Thanks for explaining that.

When I go in and try to update a ticket, the page does not update. When you click the update button at the bottom, it looks like it’s going to spool but it doesn’t.

Is this happening while editing a ticket on the edit event page or is it when editing your own purchased ticket for an event? Could you please share with us a screenshot of the page you are experiencing the issue in? What are the steps you made that resulted in that behaviour?

Also, could you please share a link to the page where you have the [tribe-user-event-confirmations] shortcode? This way I can take a closer look and see if I can spot anything from there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Johanne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Johanne
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Yes I have a staging site and I will be testing to see what plugins are conflicting. I will get back to you on this.

One other thing I noticed.

People want to exchange tickets. When you exchange the order to a new persons account, the ticket does not move with the order. This causes the admin to create a new order with the amount of $0 and cancel the order there exchanging from. This obviously causes errors in stock and inventory.

Let me know if you can put that in your upcoming fixes.

Thank you

Jo

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Jo!

Great! You let us know how the testing goes when you can.

Regarding the exchange tickets issue, what do you mean exactly by saying “When you exchange the order to a new persons account, the ticket does not move with the order.” ? Do you mean that when you change the customer assigned to the order via the edit order page in WooCommerce? If so, that will only change the user assigned to the order.

In the attendees list, the name assigned to the ticket will always be the billing information of that order. Do you experience something different? Let me know.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We released the PDF Tickets extension recently: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/pdf-tickets/

Your issue reported here should no longer be a problem if using this newly-released extension. The View and Print Tickets extension is no longer supported.

Please replace it with our new PDF Tickets extension and let us know how things go for you.

Thank you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Not updating on Event Ticket Page’ is closed to new replies.