Not sure which to ask question for Events Calendar Pro or Events Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Not sure which to ask question for Events Calendar Pro or Events Calendar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Doug De Stefano
    Participant

There are some text links that are default on the event details page such as (<<All Events )
    and also on the page after a user submits an event there is text links that show up
    left justified that say (Submit another event) and (Event submitted. (View | Edit))
    How do I find where these sort of items are located so I can change them to
    be centered lets say or bolder and bigger fonts or an Image button instead.
    I can’t seem to find where they are. Is there a css in Events Calendar Pro or Events Calendar
    that controls these. Also if there is any good trick to located where something is in
    the code to get at it. Like firebug or something. Obviously I am new at trying to work
    with WP and PHP but have been using html for years. Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Doug!

This is a good question and there are two main ways for locating a piece of code. The first method is to use a [free!] tool like Firebug if you use FireFox, or the Developer Tools for either Safari or Chrome. They each have an “Inspector” tool, which lets you zoom right over the element on the page that you’d like to customize and then, when hovering, shows you its CSS selector and all that good stuff.

For more information on using one of these tools to find out what CSS code to change, search on YouTube or Google for tips and tricks for the specific tool you choose; all three of the tools I mentioned are extremely popular, fortunately, so there is a ton of documentation and “Tips and Tricks”-style articles and such out there.

The other method is to open a text editor and then use the “Find” features of that application to locate a bit of code. Simply search for the code if you know it; if you don’t, then using both methods here should work well – e.g. use the browser tools to find out what the code even is for a given element, then search for that code in the files of the plugin to see it in full…

There are a ton of text editors out there; among all of us here Modern Tribe the most common editors are PHPStorm, Sublime Text, and vim. I use Sublime Text personally. It has an additional feature called “Find in Folder” which is great for these sorts of code-hunting endeavors:

I hope this all helps!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Not sure which to ask question for Events Calendar Pro or Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.