Not showing "Updated" on the Event once created

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Not showing "Updated" on the Event once created

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jonah
    Participant

Hi Lydia,

In an effort to be fair to other users and to maintain some level of organization, please limit threads to one question at a time. We can still address 1 & 2 here, but please create two separate threads for the other questions. Thanks.

Ok, so on to 1 & 2…

To remove the Updated block:

1. Make a copy of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/single.php and place in an ‘events’ folder in your theme.
    2. Find lines 47 & 48 and remove them. Save.
    3. Done.

To adjust the margin you’re speaking of it actually has more to do with the width of those columns than the margin…

1. Make a copy of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/resources/events.css and place in the ‘events’ folder in your theme (the same one where you placed single.php)
    2. Go to around line 316 and find this block:

#tribe-events-event-meta .column {
    float: left;
    width: 30%;
    padding: 0 4% 0 0;
    text-align: left;
    margin: 0;
    }

3. Try changing the width to something like 45% or set it to a pixel width (200px) and adjust accordingly.

That should do it!

Lydia

Hi Jonah,
    Thank you and I will move the other two questions on two other threads.
    Now at the risk of sounding like a complete buffoon, when deleting lines 47 & 48 I’m assuming you mean in the single.php that I have saved in the events folder I created…correct? The reason I ask is because line 47 & 48 in the php seems to belong to a set command, that if I delete just those two line there will be a broken link. My line 47 & 48 looks like this:
    Line 45:
    Line 46:
    Line 47:
    Line 48:<a href="mailto:”>
    LIne 49:
    This doesn’t seem to reflect anything about the “Update” field that I am trying to delete.

Also I’m assuming that for the columns margin the same as above, make the changes in the event.css I saved to the event folder I created. Correct?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Lydia,

Yes, you’ll want to modify the existing files you have in the ‘events’ folder in your theme. The line numbers might be different if you’ve made changes to the file so you’ll want to look for these two lines and remove them: http://pastie.org/private/t0tyldx3qvhi4rsjmomc0q

Yes, same thing goes for the margin, make the change in the existing events.css file in the ‘events’ folder in your theme.

Lydia

Hi Jonah,

Hope your well. So I was able to make the modifications and everything works from that end so thank you for that. However, what is happening now is that whenever I create a new event and I skip the (Select a country option – since all of my events are here in the us) the “select a country” appears on the event’s page without me evening touching it. In addition, for some of the events it’s forcing the “united states to come up”. Again don’t need this since I’m based in the us. Can you tell me what I need to do to remove, is it the same as the update field I did above? what is the code? I attached an image so you can see…..http://www.networkinglinks.net/images/countryus.jpg

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Lydia,

To remove the address block, you can remove lines 74-84 in the original /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/single.php – take a look at that file for reference of what to remove in your modified version because the line numbers will be different.

– Jonah

Lydia

Hi Jonah, Ok I took a look at the original 74-84 lines (see this pastie – http://pastie.org/4177750) . I don’t think that will work because I don’t want to take out the entire address block I still need to direct people where to go. I just want to take out the “Country” so that it doesn’t show up on the event. It’s automatically displaying when I create a new event – this was something that didn’t happen before.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Lydia,

Ok gotcha, so what you’ll want to edit instead is /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/full-address.php by making a copy and placing in the ‘events’ folder in your theme. Then, just remove whatever chunks you don’t want. If you remove something and get an error, just go back to the file, undo and try again 🙂

I hope that helps,
    Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Not showing "Updated" on the Event once created’ is closed to new replies.