Not Activating / Importing on a Sub Domain

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Not Activating / Importing on a Sub Domain

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Saif.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Saif
    Participant

For testing and transition reasons, I’ve setup a copy of my site on a sub domain – I’m trying to upgrade from the old importer to the new, and the aggregator is not fully importing.

It’s got the 60+ sources, but won’t bring them into the calendar.

Yesterday everything was fine, and I left it with that ‘importing’ message.

When I came back today, nothing has imported. When I go to the import dropdown it says I need to buy it; even though my account has the code activated on it.

I tried to manually bring several individual events in, and I get this error:

cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 5001 milliseconds

I turned off all the old importers, and the problem is still happening. What can I do?

Saif
    Participant

UPDATE:
    My host just told me I’m driving their memory crazy on the subdomain I installed, it’s cronjobs…

…so. It’s not working and it’s doing this too? Have you had reports of cronjobs being an issue as well? Please advise ASAP.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again Saif,

Thanks for using our plugins and for reaching out to us! I’m really sorry you are experiencing issues with Events aggregator.

Event Aggregator does use cronjobs for importing events on a schedule. If you have a lot of import jobs set up and scheduled to run at the same time – which I believe can happen when you switch from the old importers to Event Aggregator – then the cronjobs might produce some heat.

This is what I would do:

1. solve the license key issue
    2. check if a new manual import works
    3. check if one old import works when moved to Event Aggregator
    4. check if all the rest of old imports work when moved to Event Aggregator

So, for the license key: when you go to Events > Settings > Licenses and please check if you see the “Valid Key!” response for Event Aggregator.

Also, please go to the bottom of the Events > Help page and send me a screenshot of the Event Aggregator System Status, which should look like this:

Cloudup v31gaxz40m5

If you have a “Valid key!” see all greens like above, then go to Events > Import and check if the dropdown now allows you to choose any of the options.

Once this works well we can move on to the next steps.

Looking forward to solving this with you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Saif
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Not Activating / Importing on a Sub Domain’ is closed to new replies.