Not a fan of the new "Buy Now!" button in list views

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Not a fan of the new "Buy Now!" button in list views

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bruce williams
    Participant

I’m not a fan of the new “Buy Now!” button in list views that was implemented with a recent version of Event Tickets Plus. Is there a way to easily disable this button?

Thanks!

Courtney

Hi Bruce

Can you add this snippet to either your child themeโ€™s functions.php file or use the My Custom Functions plugin to see if that removes the list view of buttons?

add_filter( 'tribe_tickets_buy_button', '__return_empty_string' )

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

bruce williams
    Participant

Instead of doing that, I created a child theme and removed the following lines (64-71) from /the-events-calendar/src/views/list/single-event.php:

<?php
       /**
       * Runs after cost is displayed in list style views
       * @since 4.5
       */
       do_action( 'tribe_events_inside_cost' )
    ?>

and put the resulting template file in my child theme at /tribe-events/list/single-event.php.

I ended up needing a child theme for other customizations anyway, so this was the best route.

A setting to omit the “Buy Now” button in the WP dashboard would be appreciated (or perhaps I’m unique in my dislike of the “Buy Now” button and even putting that much effort into being able to easily turn it off isn’t worth the effort).

Thanks for the reply and code snippet.

Courtney

Great Bruce, I’m glad that solution also worked for you.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Not a fan of the new "Buy Now!" button in list views’ is closed to new replies.