Non-Linking Events & Issue with Reoccurring Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Non-Linking Events & Issue with Reoccurring Events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

Hello,

We are having issues with the adding Reoccurring Events on Events Calendar Pro. We have checked in Add-ons and on the event page.

Also, is there a way to add events that don’t link to anything?

Thanks,
    Alycia

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Alycia,

I’ll be happy to help you out with this!

To create a recurring event, you will need to click the “Schedule multiple events” button that appears under the time settings on the event edit screen. You will then have the option to set multiple recurrence rules for that event. This article has some more details on how recurring events work.

Can you please clarify what you mean by adding events that don’t link to anything? If you mean removing the link to the single event page from the different calendar views, then you can do this via a template override. Our themer’s guide has some more info on overriding templates. We are a bit limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you get stuck or have any questions, please let me know – I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Ryan
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the update, I did see the themer’s guide and reviewed it before I put in a ticket, but I only saw an example that will link to to a third party site. I was looking for a way to have some events show on the calendar but not link to separate post.

Thanks,
    Alycia

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Alycia,

You can remove the link altogether by removing it from the view templates – for example, for month view, you would want to copy and edit the single-event.php template found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month. The link is added here:

" title="" rel="bookmark">

So, you could remove the link around the title, but if you wanted to remove it from only some events, then you would need to instead add in a condition to check before applying the link. For example, if you wanted to do this by category, then the tribe_event_in_category function would be a good way to do this.

If there is another way you would like this to work, please let me know, and I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Non-Linking Events & Issue with Reoccurring Events’ is closed to new replies.