"No upcoming events for this category" has a wonky permalink at the bottom

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "No upcoming events for this category" has a wonky permalink at the bottom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Participant

If I want to view events in a category and there aren’t any, at the bottom of the list, on the same line as the ical button, it shows a permalink of http://mysite.com/?page_id=-9999, which, if it’s clicked, throws a 404. I can style this to display: none; but I think it shouldn’t be there instead. Assume this is a plugin issue?

Neill

Hi Littlerchicken,

Thanks for your comment and question. Yes this does sound like it may be a bug or at least something funny in the settings.

Let me just confirm. Where are you clicking on the category from or maybe better phrased, what was your source to get to the page with the bad URL. If you can let us know if you got to it via the search bar? or maybe clicking on a category from another page? Also I have taken a look at other forum posts and seen this issue crop up there, but in connection with the WooTicket plugin. Are you using that plugin?

Lastly, it would be really helpful if we could see an example. Is that possible? I see that you have a maintenance page up for now.

Let us know about the details of a few of those items and we’ll see if we can dig a little deeper for you.

Neill

Robin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Neill

Hi Littlerchicken

Can you tell me if you have made any changes to any of the event view templates? Maybe even commented anything out? I can see this happening on your end but not able to reproduce it on my set up so I’m wondering if there is something in your settings that could be causing this. If you have made any changes, maybe send us a copy of the file via snippi.com and we’ll see if we can get to bottom of this.

Neill

Robin
    Participant

No, I have not made any template edits, only CSS.

I have added some code to my functions.php to remove related events (which shouldn’t affect this, only single event pages, correct?), run the organizer emails through the obfuscator plugin I’m using, and force a full page layout for the photo and grid view. Code is at https://gist.github.com/robincornett/14b1f60d2519ec568916

Robin
    Participant

If I use the link to view upcoming events–default view is the list–it works fine. Interestingly, and I probably wouldn’t notice this tomorrow, since it will be August, if I switch from the list view of the category to the month view–and there are no events in that category in July–the wonky permalink also shows at the bottom of the calendar, and stays there even if I use the link to navigate to the next month. Also shows if I want to look at events in a category in the week view and there are no events in that category. So definitely something happening when there are no events to display for a given parameter, not limited to one specific view.

Rob

Hey littlerchicken. It looks like this one slipped through the cracks, for which I apologize. I’ve got another member of the crew on deck to take a look here and reply as soon as possible. We really appreciate your patience so far.

Neill

Hey Littlerchicken,

I just need to double check a few things before I dig any deeper. I just want to confirm that this issue still occurs when you switch theme’s. Maybe try the twenty twelve theme. I can’t seem to recreate it on our end and as I haven’t seen this yet, on any other threads, I want to rule out that this isn’t an issue with your theme.

Also if you can think of any other settings that might did deeper that would be great. Apologies for not getting to the bottom of this sooner, but I can’t see anything in your functions file that would cause this.

Thanks
    Neill

Robin
    Participant

Neill, apparently it’s something with the Genesis Framework. Doesn’t show on Twenty Eleven but if I activate just Genesis, no child theme, it is there.

I have noticed in the past week or so that my calendar pages are showing both the Genesis navigation and the Tribe navigation, which I’m pretty sure did not used to be the case. But with new releases and betas from WordPress, Genesis, and Tribe, I can’t say for sure when I noticed that happening, although my guess is that the permalink entry and the page/event navigation are related.

Rob

Hey Robin, we have indeed had a handful of Genesis integration issues (which I assume you’re aware of via the discussions in subsequent threads). Going to close this since it’s been a couple weeks of inactivity but let me know if you’re still stuck.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘"No upcoming events for this category" has a wonky permalink at the bottom’ is closed to new replies.