No tickets showing on single event page.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus No tickets showing on single event page.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Bjørn-Tore
    Participant

Here is how the setup is:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2katid5a3uhi6kl/Skjermbilde%202015-07-23%2011.52.03.png?dl=0

As far as I can see, everything is correct?

Still – the Singe event page shows no ticket:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zibe2ju8xym1gx/Skjermbilde%202015-07-23%2011.53.29.png?dl=0

In twenty-fourteen it shows up, so obviously a theme conflict.
    Any suggestions for a work around?

When changed the theme, the translationfiles also were activated 😀

Bjørn-Tore
    Participant

It seems to be a issue while using a child theme, because when I use the original theme it works :/

Barry

Hi Bjørn-Tore,

I’m sorry you’ve hit up against difficulties.

I’d love to see a live example: can you link me to a single event page where there should be tickets, but they are missing? I did try visiting the URL you provided when you opened this topic, but was unable to locate any events.

I do also see that your child theme appears to contain some event-related customizations (ie, custom templates in a /tribe-events/ subdirectory): is this something you set up? What if you use the parent theme instead of the child theme, does the same thing still happen?

Barry

Ah apologies, I missed your note explaining it is definitely a child theme issue. That being the case, what is in there to differentiate it from the parent theme?

Can you try selectively removing items to see what the problem might be?

Bjørn-Tore
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

I’m afraid we cannot accept WordPress logins, due to our current support policy.

However, how did you implement that restriction? Was it through custom code and might that itself be impacting?

Bjørn-Tore
    Participant

We are selling woocommerce subscriptions and uses the plugin Groups for this.
    When I switch to twentyfourteen it shows up, so the restriction should not be the reason.

Ok, I saw anohter thread someone had gotten help trough login 🙂

Barry

Sure – there may been a reason for that – I don’t think it’s needed here just yet, though. As in my previous reply, I’m wondering:

I missed your note explaining it is definitely a child theme issue. That being the case, what is in there to differentiate it from the parent theme?

Can you try selectively removing items to see what the problem might be?

Is that something you can try or if you already did, can you confirm the outcome? Honestly, I’m not sure how much more we’ll be able to do for you in this case since it is related to a (custom?) child theme, rather than being a more general incompatibility issue.

Bjørn-Tore
    Participant

I skipped the child theme when it seemed it solved the issue to use the main theme (I wasn´t changing much anyway)
    And since the child theme is no longer active, and the problem still is present.

I even use one of the most popular themes for woocommerce in Themeforrest.
    Any known plugin conflicts?
    I could of course change to a diffrent theme, but since I´ve spent some time adjusting this – its always better to try to figure out what might be wrong.

I´ve activated debugging in wp and Eventcalendar but can´t find any errormessages that indicates anything.
    I´ve tried to use your snippets/fuctions to move the position of the ticketsbox from bottom, to below description
    Firebug or the debug-bar reccomended by you don´t output any errors as far as I can see.
    Here is the php error_log
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cq75svsr4qwdy8/error_log?dl=0

Barry

Hmm, there are definitely some oddities in there 🙂

Undefined variable: woocommerce in /.../wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php on line 87

I would not expect to see this error in a “stock” installation (and the log entry is timestamped today). Is it possible you or someone working on your behalf has directly modified core plugin code?

Was this just the result of some experimentation while you were troubleshooting? Might there be other places in the plugin codebase that were also altered?

Please do note we’d advise you never modify core plugin code directly unless you have an overwhelming reason to do so. Typically, for templates, there is never a good reason as they can easily and safely be overridden by other means 🙂

Bjørn-Tore
    Participant

That is correct, this was me troubleshooting.
    Might actually been done after I posted this request, waiting for response.

The code was alterd back to original just after. I didn´t care to make a custom template at that time.
    I even think I upgraded after this – since you released an upgrade today.

I can always try to reupload the cores.

Now I did that, didn´t change anything.

Bjørn-Tore
    Participant

I removed the restrictions and deactived about all plugins except yours and woocommerce

http://usn.sexy/event/usn-trondheim/

Barry

Thanks!

Turns out to be a simple CSS conflict. This code, which you could for instance add to a custom tribe-events/tribe-events.css file within your theme, should fix it:

.single-tribe_events #tribe-events-content form.cart {
        display: block !important
    }
    Bjørn-Tore
    Participant

HAHAHA…
    I had to smile 🙂

Thank you!

Bjørn-Tore
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘No tickets showing on single event page.’ is closed to new replies.