No Ticket showing in Event

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus No Ticket showing in Event

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andy Fragen

I’ve just created a new ticket for an event and there doesn’t seem to be any way to buy a ticket from the event page. There’s an event on Feb 7, 2015 that has an associated download but not visible from the event.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Andy!

That’s odd. It sounds like it is just this one event and the other are showing properly. I have a few questions:

1. Are other events correctly showing a purchase area?
    2. What happens if you add a second ticket?
    3. If you add another even for the same day, does a ticket show up in it?
    4. What are you settings for this event/ticket? Is it free, or payed? Does it have a header image? Stock count? SKU? Have you modified the product/ticket via EDD at all after it was added, like setting the visibility or something?

For what it’s worth I am trying to reproduce this. I added an event for the same day with a variety of settings and tickets. It is showing up fine for me. If it is only happening for this one ticket and not a followup one, I am wondering if it might be something weird in the database like a conflicting product ID or something.

Pardon all the questions. If you feel like you’ve isolated it more and some of the above are irrelevant then feel free to skip them. Let me know if you have any questions yourself. Cheers!

– Brook

Andy Fragen

Brook,

I have very few events at a time and currently this is the only active one. I have not added a new event since 3.9 came out, this is the first, coincidence I’m sure.

The event is paid and it’s the first with variable pricing options, so yes I did edit it in EDD. There is no stock count or SKU. It does have an image header.

Curiously I deleted the featured image in the event and now the ticket shows in the event. I re-added the featured image back and the ticket still shows.

There is still an issue though as the event only shows a single price for the ticket and there are 2 prices listed in the download. Curiously, I have the price empty in the event (0) and the prices listed in the download. The event backend shows a price of 0 and the event on the front end shows a single price of the lowest price point. I have moved the variable prices so that this is either the first or last price listed and still the lowest price displays in the event. If I remove the lowest price from the download the remaining price now displays, as expected.

I think my initial issue is resolved and must have had something to do with how and when I added a featured image to the event. Not sure I can reproduce it.

This new issue is clearly reproducible here. There seems to be an issue with the built-in cost conflicting with the ticket. There is also an issue with variable pricing not showing on the event.

I have created a new event and added a ticket for $1. The event doesn’t show the ticket, but it does show the **cost** in the meta. If I delete the ticket the cost meta still shows on the front end but not on the back end. If I deactivate EDD Tickets I can delete the cost meta, re-add the ticket and no cost or ticket shows on the event.

This is all very strange and I can’t seem to make the new test ticket show on the event no matter what I try.

Andy Fragen

Odd, maybe something’s caching as I just checked and the Test ticket now works.

Strange as I don’t have any cache plugins. I’ll make another test.

Variable pricing does seem to be a problem.

Brook
    Participant

Oh I have been there to, facing an apparent caching issue with no caches seem to be enabled. Let me know if that crops up again.

Yeah I can see what you mean about variable pricing. There is no support for it in our product. It is showing the lowest price for me too. We do have some very in depth changes to our ticketing framework in the works, but I doubt even those will add support for variable pricing. I will pass this along and see if it something we’d be interested in adding. For now though, would adding two tickets, each with their own price, work instead?

– Brook

Andy Fragen

Actually Brook creating 2 events or an event for each ticket would likely be very confusing. It’s simpler to just insert a link in the event content to the EDD download and not have a ticket attached to the event.

Of course, if there’s some way to intercept the ticket and add a **Purchase Tickets** link with a link to the download instead of adding the ticket code to the event that might be a good interim solution. This naturally would only fire if the download had variable pricing.

I wonder if the EDD Ticket code has enough hooks to make this happen?

Brook
    Participant

Ahh that would be very confusing. I was suggesting instead that there be multiple tickets and one event. I am assuming that you are using variable pricing to have multiple types of tickets to a single event. Frequently people have “just a seat” sorta tickets, then they might also have “seat + a pack of goodies” or VIP seating. So instead of variable pricing they just create multiple tickets for the same event. The drawback is that each ticket then has it’s own amount available pool. So buying just a seat doesn’t knick an available seat from the seat + goodies ticket. That’s a usecase we’d like to address in our new ticketing framework.

Barry and I talked about this the other day, and that was the only usecase we determined variable pricing would be good for. Are you using it for something different though? If there’s something he and I missed we’d love to know.

– Brook

Andy Fragen

Hey Brook,

I was misunderstanding what you meant. I’ll try the tickets per event. I thought you meant 2 events and that would be very confusing.

Variable pricing is a much more elegant solution as I’m afraid people will choose the wrong ticket. My use case is a medical education event that has different prices for doctors or nurses.

Brook
    Participant

I follow. Thanks for the feedback Andy. – Brook

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘No Ticket showing in Event’ is closed to new replies.