No Sales Tax on Events (tickets)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus No Sales Tax on Events (tickets)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ellen Zelasko
    Participant

My state does not charge sales tax for services (my events are services) and I would like to use the following snippit (which I found in another discussion) to disable sales tax in my events calendar, but I don’t know how to use it…any direction you could provide would be great!

add_action( ‘event_tickets_after_save_ticket’, ‘tribe_disable_taxes_ticket_product’, 10, 2 );
    function tribe_disable_taxes_ticket_product( $post_id, $ticket ) {
    update_post_meta( $ticket->ID, ‘_tax_status’, ‘none’ );
    update_post_meta( $ticket->ID, ‘_tax_class’, ‘zero-rate’ );
    }

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ellen!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Let me help you with that.

To make use of that snippet you will need to copy and paste it into your active theme’s functions.php file.

You can also use a third party plugin like this one > https://wordpress.org/plugins/my-custom-functions/ that adds the ability to paste the snippet directly in the wp-admin backend.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll be happy to help 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘No Sales Tax on Events (tickets)’ is closed to new replies.