No results when using Chrome and some versions of Safari but works in FF, wtf?!?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO No results when using Chrome and some versions of Safari but works in FF, wtf?!?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    manifdart
    Participant

http://manifdart.org/evenements/2014-05/

In FF it works great, but in Safari I need to refresh every time. The map view says I have no results, no matter how many times I refresh. This is a live site, so I can’t deactivate plugins, and I can’t make a test site now, so is there still a way to get support?

Casey D

Hello manifdart,

Thanks for upgrading; sorry you are experiencing this!

I’ll do my best to troubleshoot, but its much more difficult without being able to reproduce the problem. The absolute best way to do this is to disable plugins. But let’s give it a shot!

The maps on single-events are generated using the addresses you have supplied. That’s why the maps on those pages work just fine http://manifdart.org/evenement/ron-benner-london-canada/

On the Map View that is failing though, those positions are latitude and longitude; data points generated automatically in the background from the addresses you supplied.

Typically, if that map is empty, if means the data points aren’t there and that the lat/lon script has failed. This can sometimes be caused by a theme/plugin conflict. And this of course is best tested on another site by deactivating plugins.

Here is something to try for now. Can you slightly change/update the address on one of the events? This may trigger the lat/lon generator and put it on the map.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

manifdart
    Participant

Hi, thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it. I tried changing the address for a couple of places and even tried adding the postal codes to a few more, but nothing changes, there are still ‘no results’ on chrome and some instances of Safari.

Casey D

Sorry to hear about that!

Unfortunately, without being able to disable the plugins and change the theme there isn’t much to troubleshoot.

Could you submit a private reply with your system info from the bottom of the Events > Settings > Help tab? I might be able to spot the conflict from there, although it is unlikely.

Thanks!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello manifdart,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘No results when using Chrome and some versions of Safari but works in FF, wtf?!?’ is closed to new replies.